Courgette sandwich loaf. Cook the courgettes with a little of the olive oil on low heat until softened and translucent, but not mushy. It is a very simple sandwich loaf, the dough proves overnight, so fairly flavoursome. It actually is a It's excellent but quite strong on onions, so I thought I'd temper the flavour with bland courgettes.
Transform this seasonal vegetable into a delicious, sweet loaf. Consider this beginner loaf a bridge between regular white sandwich bread and Tartine-style artisan loaves. This makes a soft and subtly tangy loaf that's perfect for tuna fish sandwiches and. You can cook Courgette sandwich loaf using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Courgette sandwich loaf
- It’s 15 g of fresh or 2 tsp fast action yeast.
- It’s 200 ml of warm water.
- You need 325 g of strong white flour.
- You need 150 g of courgettes, peeled and thinly sliced.
- It’s 50 ml of olive oil.
- You need 100 g of cooked mashed potato.
- You need 75 g of rye flour.
- You need of about 2 tbsp. stoneground wholemeal flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 tsp of caster sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of caraway seeds.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of fresh parsley and sage leaves, chopped finely.
Pour into a greased loaf tin. Courgettes originated in Italy and were popular in the Mediterranean region hundreds of years before they became popular in the rest of the western world. They are members of the summer squash family. A sandwich loaf is a stacked party entrée that looks like a cake.
Courgette sandwich loaf step by step
- Cook the potatoes, mash and cool them. Cook the courgettes with a little of the olive oil on low heat until softened and translucent, but not mushy..
- In the meantime, mix the yeast with 50ml of the warm water and 2 tablespoons of the white flour, leave covered for 30 minutes..
- Add the onions and the mash to the yeasty mixture; add the rest of the water and white flour, the rye flour, salt, sugar and caraway seeds and mix to combine..
- Leave the dough standing for 10 minutes, then knead by hand or in a standing mixer with a dough hook attachment adding the rest of the oil. If the dough looks very sticky and doesn’t want to come together, add the wholemeal flour. Continue kneading until it’s smooth, stretchy and bounces off the sides of the bowl or stops sticking to your hands. Add the fresh chopped herbs and mix them in thoroughly..
- Place the dough in a large bowl (it will rise quite a lot), cover with cling film and leave in the fridge overnight..
- The next day flatten the dough to a rectangle and roll it up tightly, to the width of a loaf tin. Drop it into a buttered and floured tin, cover with oiled cling film and leave in a warm place to expand in volume by half – 1-2 hours..
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/gas 7. Dust the top of the loaf with flour, slash with a sharp knife down the middle and bake for 35 minutes. Then lower the heat to 180C/350F/gas 4 and bake for further 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack..
To create a sandwich loaf, bread is cut horizontally and spread with layers of filling. This sandwich loaf will be the talk of the party. Fresh baked sourdough sandwich loaf perfect for sandwiches. Makes delicious toast with maple butter spread, yum. Frosted Sandwich Loaf. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.