Caramel Apple Baked French Toast.
You can cook Caramel Apple Baked French Toast using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caramel Apple Baked French Toast
- It’s of Caramel Base.
- You need 1 cup of Packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Unsalted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of Maple syrup.
- You need 1 tbsp of Light corn syrup.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of Chopped pecans.
- It’s 2 of Granny Smith apples – cubed.
- It’s of French Toast.
- Prepare 10 of 1-2" thick bread slices (any kind you like).
- You need 6 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of 1/2 & 1/2.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of maple syrup (optional).
Caramel Apple Baked French Toast step by step
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray..
- In a medium sauce pan over med-low heat combine butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and corn syrup. Stir frequently until sugar and butter are completely melted, approx 8 minutes. Core, peel and chop the apples in to small pieces (not too small so you'll still have good texture). Once the caramel is ready add your apples and nuts while still on the heat. Stir until coated then pour the caramel mixture into the prepared baking dish distributing evenly..
- Mix the eggs, 1/2 & 1/2, vanilla, salt, syrup and cinnamon together until thoroughly combined. Arrange the sliced bread (I like french) over the caramel in a single layer. Pour the custard over evenly. Cover tightly with foil.
- At this point you can leave the dish out on the counter for an hour to soak or you can refrigerate it over night. If using the over night method take it out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to baking to come to room temperature..
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the casserole in the oven covered and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and bake an additional 25 to 30 until the top is golden and the center is set. Once baked, allow to cool and set for 5-10 minutes before serving..
- Another little extra that I like to do is once the cover comes off I'll sprinkle it with a little extra brown sugar for some texture. Also, its nice to dust it with cinnamon and powdered sugar right before serving. This is a terrific dish for a holiday breakfast, brunch or potluck. Enjoy!.