Scalloped potato casserole. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Yummy, cheesy scalloped potatoes from scratch. This is just a basic of what I put in potato casserole and baked into creamy saucy goodness.
Scalloped Potato Casserole has plenty of cheese flavor from a blend of two cheeses. On top, torn pieces of bread soak up the creamy sauce and bake up fabulously crispy and golden. Why is this scalloped potato casserole recipe so comforting? You can have Scalloped potato casserole using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scalloped potato casserole
- You need 2 boxes of scalloped potatoes plus ingredients to make each box .
- It’s of Milk, butter and boiling water follow box directions.
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced white onion.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of green bell pepper minced.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of red bell pepper minced.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black Pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 (2.8 oz) of pack bacon pieces.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of shredded chedder cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Italian or plain style panko bread crumbs.
Well, since I've been eating it forever, it evokes fond memories of holidays, Sunday dinners, company and visits with relatives. This cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham-layered casserole dish features buttery potatoes and sweet I think an American would call it a potato casserole of some type. Now that I am in France, I. Nice change of pace from other potato casseroles.
Scalloped potato casserole instructions
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make scalloped potatoes according to per box. Boiling water, milk and butter and set aside.
- Cook and crumble ground beef in a skillet and add in onion, peppers, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook till done then drain off grease..
- Add cooked ground beef to dish and mix in bacon pieces.
- Pour on scalloped potatoes and mix up slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Then top with cheese and bread crumbs and bake for 30 more minutes.
I made a half recipe in a round casserole pan. Potato Pointers: Baby Potatoes (red or white) are smaller so they cook quickly and don't need to be peeled. What's the difference between scalloped potatoes and au gratin potatoes? Pump up your scalloped potatoes with this cabbage and potato version. I'd love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Scalloped Potato and Cabbage Casserole Recipe!