Baked bitter gourd mini puri. Bitter Gourd Peel Puri Recipe, is an innovative trial on a very famous Indian bread that is fried in deep oil. The bitter gourd peel is often thrown away and is not used in most of the dishes because of the strong bitterness from the vegetable. But very little it is known about its nutritional benefits to the skin.
I have tried making different varieties of pooris before. But this recipe really intrigued me. Who had thought of using karela peels in pooris. You can cook Baked bitter gourd mini puri using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked bitter gourd mini puri
- Prepare 3/4 of th cup whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 of medium size bittergourd.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of roasted jeera powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder.
- You need 2 teaspoon of white oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of oil for greasing.
- You need of Water for kneading.
It was awesome – crispy and delicious when I made it for a weekend brunch one day. Baked Bitter Gourd Bhajji Recipe (Karela Fritters) is a delicious way to enjoy the goodness of bitter gourd. Bitter gourd slices are coated with a spicy batter and then baked till crisp instead of deep frying to make this tasty snack. Marinating the slices in salt and then rinsing them reduces their bitterness to an extent.
Baked bitter gourd mini puri step by step
- First peel only the green part of the bitter gourd..
- In a mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix it well..
- Then add the grated bitter gourd and oil. Mix all these things properly..
- Add little water as required to knead it. A dough will be formed afterwards. Keep the dough cover and rest it for 15-20 minutes..
- Then make small balls from the dough. Dust some wheat flour and roll the small balls in mini puris.10 mini puris will be formed from this measurement..
- Preheat microwave at 160°C for 5 minutes. Then grease the baking tray with oil..
- Place all the puris in the tray. Then bake it in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or till the sides become brown..
- Take it out from oven and cool it. Enjoy with black tea..
Bitter gourd is diabetic friendly as well and helps in reducing the. How to make Bitter Gourd Chips Recipe. To begin making the Bitter Gourd Chips recipe, wash bitter gourd and pat dry. Discard ends and cut into thin slices (the slices should neither be too thin nor thick ). No need to de seed them.