Chicken pesto rolls up. Place one slice of cheese over the pesto. Roll up tightly, and secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
These chicken pesto roll ups are stuffed with cheese, juicy tomatoes and pesto sauce! These taste like fine dining with Tuscan flavors but they are so easy. This recipe for Pesto Chicken Pizza Rolls is a fun way to change things up from traditional pizza. You can have Chicken pesto rolls up using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken pesto rolls up
- Prepare 4 of large med Chicken breast.
- Prepare to taste of Garlic salt.
- Prepare to taste of Black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of cup(8tbsp)pesto sauce.
- It’s 8 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese(reserve 2 Oz for topping).
- Prepare 1 of large or 2 medium tomatos,thinly slice into 12 rings.
- You need 1 cup of cherry tomatoes,optional.
- It’s of Fresh basil leaves, shredded,optional garnish or parsley.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
Serve them warm or cold, for lunch or dinner. Top with the chicken and artichokes then fold in the sides of the pancakes and roll them up. Tips When Making Chicken Pesto Lasagna Rolls: The basil pesto blends very well with the cream sauce and Italian flavored ground chicken. You can never go wrong with mixing mozzarella and Asiago cheese along with garlic spinach.
Chicken pesto rolls up instructions
- Cut each the chicken breast in half lengthwise to make 8 thin cutlets, pound each cutlet to an eighth of an inch thickness. The easiest and cleanest way to do this is using Ziploc bag.
- Arrange all of your cutlets on a large cutting board or u using baking sheet and seasons both sides with garlic salt and black pepper.
- Place a tbsp of pesto sauce each cutlet and spread it evenly in the center.
- Very thinly slice one large tomato into 12 rings and u need 2 slices for each chicken cutlet.
- Sprinkle the top with 2 or 3 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Tightly roll up each cutlet and secure the end with a toothpick.
- Preheat oven to 425° and place a large oven safe skillet over medium-high heat with 1tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter. Once the butter is done sizzling add the chicken roll ups with the toothpick side up. Dear the roll ups 4 minutes per side or 8 Mon of total cooking time on the stove.
- Turn of the stove and sprinkle the tops with Ur remaining mozzarella cheese and 1 cup cherry tomatoes. Transfer to the oven and bake at 425° for 13 to 15 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Add garnish fresh basil.
The crème Fraiche replaces the ricotta cheese that is typically used. Transform ordinary chicken breasts into quick-fix chicken roulades stuffed with pesto and mozzarella cheese. Roll the crescent dough around the chicken and place on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Tie the chicken together using either butchers string, or securing it with. Spread the pesto sauce over the sheets using a spatula or spoon.