Salmon en Croute. Salmon en croute made easy, If you don't like salmon, try beef tenderloin also beautiful. Served with sauteed potatoes and a. Spinach-stuffed crust & cheesy sauce. "I couldn't resist the opportunity to go a bit retro and include my version of salmon en croûte here – it's such a nostalgic dish for many of us.
Succulent salmon, cream cheese and dill are encased in crisp puff pastry with a pickled cucumber side. Salmon fillet is baked in a puff pastry pocket with onion, mushrooms, and spinach in this elegant French-inspired Variation of salmon en croute (aka Salmon Wellington). Serve with a side of rice. You can cook Salmon en Croute using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salmon en Croute
- It’s 1 of sheet puff pastry.
- It’s 4 of fillets salmon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of whole grain mustard.
- You need 1/2 stick of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of terragon, chopped.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Salmon en Croute is french for 'salmon in a crust'. Croute means crust and so 'en croute' refers to anything in a pastry crust. It's a great dish to double up on and make in bulk – store leftovers for a later. A whole salmon en croûte is a lovely Christmas party centrepiece.
Salmon en Croute step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine butter and terragon, set aside..
- Roll out puff pastry, cut into 4 pieces large enough to enclose each fillet..
- Season both sides of each fillets with salt and pepper. Spead whole grain mustard on each fillets. Place mustard side down on puff pastry..
- Spread terragon butter on each fillet. Fold over dough and enclose fillet. Place seam side down on baking sheet..
- Brush with egg wash and bake 20 minutes until golden brown..
This simple recipe uses readymade pastry to make it quick and easy. Cooking Channel serves up this Salmon en Croute recipe from Laura Calder plus many other recipes at CookingChannelTV.com. This delicious salmon en croute recipe is a real classic. Salmon en croute is a delicious alternative to turkey on Christmas Day, especially if you have people in your party who don't eat meat. Salmon en croute: our favourite salmon and pastry combo.