Sweet Potato Tostadas.
You can have Sweet Potato Tostadas using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Tostadas
- It’s 9 of corn tortillas.
- It’s of corn oil; as needed.
- You need 30 oz of refried beans.
- Prepare 4 oz of diced green chiles.
- It’s 2 of jalapeños; seeded & small dice.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion; small dice.
- It’s 1 of sweet potato; peeled & medium dice.
- Prepare 1/3 C of sweet corn.
- You need 4 oz of cilantro-garlic goat cheese.
- Prepare 3/4 C of shredded chihuahua cheese.
- You need 1 T of Mexican oregano.
- Prepare 1 of large pinch each sea salt, black pepper, and sugar.
Sweet Potato Tostadas step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Lay corn tortillas out on 2-3 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Brush corn oil over tortillas and sprinkle with sea salt. Do not let tortillas touch or overlap each other..
- Bake for approximately ten minutes or until tortillas are browned and crispy. Pat dry any oil that may be atop tortillas. Lay tortillas on paper towels to remove excess oil..
- Heat the refried beans in a medium sized sauce pan. Bring to a simmer..
- Cover sweet potatoes with cold, salted water. Boil until potatoes are easily pierced with a paring knife. Drain..
- In a mixing bowl combine corn, onions, jalapenos, diced green chiles, Mexican oregano, goat cheese, and 1/2 C of the shredded chihuahua cheese. Add sweet potatoes. Add a large pinch of salt, pepper, and sugar. Mix well..
- Layer refried beans atop each tostada. Top each tostada with sweet potato mixture. Drop little dollops of sour cream randomly atop each tostada. Spoon some salsa along each tostada. Sprinkle cilantro. Serve with lime wedges..
- Variations; Black beans, black bean puree, cilantro, apple cider vinegar, avocado, poblano, celery, celery seed, ginger, honey, coconut, chipotle, ancho chile powder, cumin, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, chives, scallions, cinnamon, pork, chicken, beef, shrimp, lemon, tomato, spinach, tamarind , arugula, queso fresco, cotija, coriander, mole, nopalitos, pinto, red onion, habanero, crema, pickled jalapeños or onions or carrots, mango, bell peppers, jalapeños, paprika, smoked paprika, serrano, bacon, lime zest, clove, allspice, pumpkin,.