Fish in greaseproof paper with ouzo. Blue Jean Chef, Meredith Laurence demonstrates how to wrap fish in parchment paper. Couldn't say we were over thrilled with the product did replicate newspaper but hard to wrap chips would have been better to be more square. A wide variety of food greaseproof paper options are available to you, such as pulping type, paper type, and feature.
The sheet is then supercalendered to further improve the density. By this process it creates a type of paper known as Glassine. The Glassine paper is then treated with alginates, starches or CMC. You can have Fish in greaseproof paper with ouzo using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fish in greaseproof paper with ouzo
- Prepare 1 bunch of spring onions.
- It’s 1/2 cup of parsley.
- You need of dill.
- You need 2 tsp of spearmint (optionally).
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil shortening.
- It’s of about 250 g, 4 fish fillets (cod fish, white grouper, perch).
- It’s 4 of bay leaves.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes in slices.
- You need 2 of peppers (green) in slices.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- Prepare 4 slices of lemon.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ouzo.
Greaseproof paper is a non-absorbent paper used especially in the United Kingdom and Australia for baking purposes. A protective barrier on the paper prevents grease from soaking through it. Greaseproof paper is made from unbleached paper with a protective barrier added to repel grease. Classic fish and chips are one of Britain's national dishes.
Fish in greaseproof paper with ouzo instructions
- Cut 4 pieces of greaseproofpaper..
- Mix the onions, parsley, dill and spearmint in a bowl..
- Melt the vegetable oil shortening and brush the greaseproof paper..
- Place one fish fillet on each piece of greaseproof paper and then a bay leaf on each fillet as well as the herbs distributed evenly..
- Add the tomato slices, the pepper slices and the lemon slices..
- Finally, pour the lemon juice, the olive oil and the ouzo over everything..
- Season with salt and pepper..
- Pick up the corners of the greaseproof paper and fold as you do when making exohiko (like a small packet, so that all the liquids stay in)..
- Sprinkle the ends of the paper with a little water so that they don't burn while baking..
- Preheat the oven to 220 and bake for 30-35 minutes, dependng on the oven..
They are easy to make at home in a few simple steps and as delicious as any you can buy. Once cooked, remove the fillets from the hot oil and drain on paper towels. Cover with greaseproof paper (parchment paper) and. Greaseproof Paper on WN Network delivers the latest Videos and Editable pages for News & Events, including Entertainment, Music, Sports, Science and more, Sign up and share your Greaseproof paper is paper that is impermeable to oil or grease and is normally used in cooking or food packaging. Shake off any excess fat and season with salt before serving with the crispy fish.