Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies. From Two Peas and Their Pod. These soft & chewy oatmeal scotchies are the best oatmeal butterscotch cookies! They're buttery, cinnamon-spiced, and packed with butterscotch chips in each bite.
My new favorite pumpkin cookies are Pumpkin Oatmeal. Saved by Maria (Two Peas and Their Pod). These Pumpkin Scotchies are a pumpkin twist on your classic oatmeal butterscotch cookies. You can cook Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies
- It’s 2 cups of old fashioned oats.
- You need 1 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
- It’s 1 cup of butter melted and cooled.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of brown sugar, packed.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 cup of pumpkin puree.
- It’s 2 cups of butterscotch chips divided.
Full of fall spices these cookies smell like a dream! These Oatmeal Scotchies will disappear f. The two ingredients which make these extraordinary cookies special are the combination of oats and butterscotch chips. These Oatmeal Scotchies are incredibly soft, chewy, packed with butterscotch chips, and easy But today we're changing that with these oatmeal scotchies, also known as oatmeal butterscotch cookies!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies step by step
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice..
- In another large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, and pumpkin puree..
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined. Do not overmix – it leads to 'tough' cookies..
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips..
- Drop by heaping tablespoonful (golf ball-sized) onto parchment paper or silicone mat-lined baking sheets..
- Flatten slightly – cookies won't spread a whole lot..
- With the remaining 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, dot 3-4 chips on the top of each cookie..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes, or until edges are golden, and the centers appear almost 'set'..
- Remove from heat, and cool on cookies sheets for about 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely..
These Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchie Cookies are the perfect combination of pumpkin, oatmeal, cinnamon and butterscotch chips. My all time favorite cookie is Oatmeal Scotchies..the pumpkin and warming spices in these pumpkin oatmeal scotchies. The following excerpt from "Cookies Galore: Cookies and Bars" is a recipe for soft and chewy pumpkin oatmeal scotchies. Sooo, these oatmeal scotchie BARS are essentially a super thick, oatmeal cookie, loaded up with butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and toasted pecans. There's also a dose of pumpkin in there for.