You can cook Corn Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Corn Soup
- You need 190 grams of Can of Sweet corn (creamed).
- Prepare 200 ml of Milk.
- You need 200 ml of Water.
- You need 1/4 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of White flour.
- It’s 10 grams of Butter.
- You need 1/2 of cube Consommé soup stock cube.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sweet corn (whole kernels).
- Prepare 1 slice of Bread.
- It’s 1 dash of Parsley (dried).
Corn Soup step by step
- Croutons: Cut the white bread into cubes, arrange on a baking sheet, and microwave on 600W for 2 to 3 minutes (no need to wrap)..
- Let cool while still on the plate. They'll be soft coming out of the microwave, but once cooled they'll harden. They're crunchy without oil..
- Saute the minced onion in butter. Once they've become translucent, add the flour and continue to cook..
- Add water a small amount at a time, mixing as you add. Add soup stock and bring to a boil, then add the creamed corn. Boil while stirring..
- The amounts of water, milk, and corn are roughly the same. If you use the empty can, you don't need to measure and it cleans out the can..
- Add corn kernels and milk. Once warm, flavor with salt and pepper and it's done..
- Finish by topping with the croutons and parsley..