Easy Baked Fish Tacos. This Crispy Baked Fish Tacos recipe is made with the yummiest panko-crusted fish, zesty cilantro-lime slaw, a super-simple chipotle crema, and whatever other favorite toppings (hello Also, while the instructions for this fish taco recipe may look a bit long in writing, they're actually quite easy to make. The easiest (most delicious!) way to make fish tacos: tossed in smoky spices and baked to perfection. Flaky white fish is tossed in smoky spices and sea salt and roasted to perfection — no grilling required!
Whether you're looking for something easy, something healthy, and/or something delicious to make for Cinco de Mayo or just a weeknight. This easy fish taco recipe from Delish.com will get on swimmingly with your guests. Well, these are the end-all be-all. You can have Easy Baked Fish Tacos using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Baked Fish Tacos
- You need of For the tacos:.
- Prepare 2 of large flounder fillets (top portion preferably and skinned).
- Prepare of Blackening or Cajun seasoning of choice… Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic works great and is my favorite.
- You need of Flour tortillas.
- It’s 1 of large tomato.
- Prepare 2 of limes.
- You need of Cilantro.
- It’s of Avocado.
- Prepare of Green onions.
- You need of Cheese of Choice: I used Kraft mozzarella.
- It’s of Sour Cream.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of For the black beans:.
- Prepare 1 (20 oz) of can of black beans drained but not rinsed.
- You need 1/2 of red onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno seeded and finely diced.
- Prepare 2 of small yellow peppers seeded and diced.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need to taste of salt & pepper.
- You need of Chicken Broth approx. 1 cup (you can substitute water).
Read on to see what makes these tacos so special. The fish—we use cod , but any flaky variety works—marinates in a mixture of lime juice, chili powder, and. These delicious baked tilapia fish tacos are way better than take out, and it is so easy to make! Wrapped in a warm corn tortilla and loaded with a Is everyone else as obsessed with fish tacos as I am?
Easy Baked Fish Tacos instructions
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray..
- Prepare your fish by rinsing it and patting it dry. Make sure there are no bones and season both sides liberally with seasoning blend. Place on baking sheet and set aside..
- Dice your tomato and place in a bowl. Add the zest of one lime. Cut lime in half and add the juice of one half to the tomato. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Set this aside to marinade for a bit..
- Place fish in oven. Cooking times vary depending on the size of your filets. Mine took about 20 minutes because they were really thick. The fish is done when it flakes easily in the middle with a fork..
- While the fish cooks. Heat a pot over medium heat. Add your olive oil. Then add the onions, peppers, and garlic. Saute until soft. Next add your cumin paprika and black beans. Stir well to combine. Add just enough liquid (chicken broth or water) to cover the beans. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let simmer on low until fish is done. *note: if you want a little extra kick you can add some chipotle powder..
- When fish is done remove from oven and place on a pan to cool. If you leave it on the hot pan you just cooked on it will continue to cook even though it's out of the oven. Break it into chunks for the tacos..
- Wrap your tortillas in foil and place in oven to warm while you prepare the rest of the garnishes..
- Chop a good bunch of cilantro and stir this in with the tomato and lime. Chop your avocado and squeeze some lime juice over (using the other half of your lime from earlier.) Chop some green onions. Slice the 2nd lime for serving..
- Remove your tortillas. Turn oven off and turn the heat off from beans. Now your ready to build your tacos!.
- I start with the cheese first. Then the fish. Next I pile on the toppings..
A few years ago, my husband and I went on a trip together to San. This Crispy Baked Fish Tacos recipe is made with the yummiest panko-crusted fish, zesty cilantro-lime slaw, a super-simple chipotle crema, and whatever. Right before serving, heat the corn tortillas in the pan over high heat. Remove from the pan and assemble the tacos with the cabbage slaw and tilapia. This easy fish tacos recipe uses grilled white fish.