Greek Stuffed Vegetables/ Gemista.
You can have Greek Stuffed Vegetables/ Gemista using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek Stuffed Vegetables/ Gemista
- Prepare 2 of large tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of Bell pepper.
- It’s 2 of zucchini.
- Prepare 2 of eggplants.
- Prepare 1 of potato, cut in quaters.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of rice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 cup of water or tomato juice.
- You need 1/4 tsp of all spice.
- You need of chopped parsley.
- You need of chopped mint.
- Prepare of dill.
- Prepare of oregano.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Greek Stuffed Vegetables/ Gemista step by step
- Slice off and save the tops of the vegetables. Spoon out the insides and save the pulp from all vegetables. Try not to pierce the skin. Sprinkle the insides with salt and arrange the vegetables with potato in dish.
- Finely chop the scooped out insides. Grate onion and add to pan to cook in oil till softened, 4 minutes. Add the flesh of the vegetables cook stirring frequently for 10 minutes..
- Lower heat, stir in rice, herbs, tomato paste, all spice and season with salt and pepper. Dont cook for longer than a few minutes. Remove from heat and preheat oven to 350°F. Fill vegetables with mixture, about 1/2 – 3/4 full and cap with top of respective veggie. Sprinkle with olive oil. Add water to the pan, about half a cup to a cup, and cover with tinfoil. Bake for 2 hours (or until lightly browned). Continue to add water to prevent sticking..