Oven Fried Potatoes.
You can cook Oven Fried Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oven Fried Potatoes
- You need 5 lbs of potatoes.
- It’s 2.5 lbs of yellow onions.
- You need 1 of ea stalk of celery.
- You need 1 lb of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 3 (10 oz) of cans Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- You need 1 tbsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley.
- Prepare 3 sticks of butter.
- It’s 2 lbs of Italian sausage (optional).
Oven Fried Potatoes step by step
- Rinse potatoes thoroughly. (This is a very important step).
- Chop potatoes into bite-sized chunks. (Optional: you can peel them first if you want, but I like the skins!) Place the potatoes in a large roasting pan..
- Peel, and cut onions into bite-size pieces..
- Cut off and remove ends from celery stalk. Discard leaves and hearts. Thoroughly rinse each individual rib..
- Chop these celery sticks into ¼ inch pieces and add to pan along with onions and potatoes..
- Thoroughly rinse and slice up the mushrooms. Add to pan..
- Add diced tomatoes and mix thoroughly..
- Peel and mince garlic. Remove stems from parsley and chop fine. (These two ingredients can be a lot of work if you aren't familiar with how it's done. Many grocery stores and markets sell these ingredients prepping in advance.) Add these ingredients and remaining spices to the mixture..
- Melt butter, add to pan, mix well..
- Optional: You can add chopped Italian sausage, or any other kind of sausage or meat, and this tasty side becomes a tasty meal! In this example, I used fresh Polish kielbasa..
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 450° for 2 hours, stirring the mixture halfway..
- Allow to cool, and serve with a perforated spoon..