Silky Smooth Potato soup.
You can have Silky Smooth Potato soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Silky Smooth Potato soup
- Prepare of potato soup.
- Prepare 8 of baked sm russets potatoes (chilled overnight).
- You need 1 quart of heavy cream.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour (for roux).
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of small can chicken broth 14.5 ounce.
- It’s 8 slices of bacon chopped for topping.
- It’s pinch of fresh or freeze dried chives.
Silky Smooth Potato soup instructions
- Take bacon cut into small pieces (kitchen scissors are fast) in small pan crisp up bacon and set aside…
- Remove skin from chilled pre baked potatos and cut into small cubes.. Set aside…
- Melt butter on med/high heat.. Whisk in flour and cook off roux til it smells toasty, to remove flour taste..
- Add chicken broth to roux and whisk together… No lumps… Bring it up to temp..
- Add heavy cream to broth and whisk together… Med heat…Keep stirring so you don't burn cream..
- Add seasoning… Salt,pepper, white pepper, onion and garlic powder… Stir, bring up to temp..
- Put in diced potatoes and heat.
- Once heated taste, salt or pepper any further depending on your tastes….
- Serve with chives and bacon on top each serving.. Cheddar optional….