Steamed Cod Slices and Bacon with Tomato Sauce. See recipes for Steamed Cod fish salad, Miso-glazed Cod too. Steamed Cod Slices and Bacon with Tomato Sauce. A simple and delicious way to have a cod sandwich, we should enjoy our food, this was delicious.
It is a very mild fish with a great texture and absorbs all the great flavors from Once your cod is done you can make your sauce in the pan and then add the cod back into the pan at the end to heat it through. This silky tomato sauce with a touch of cream makes mild-flavored cod sing. Serve with: Farro or rice and a salad of mixed greens. You can have Steamed Cod Slices and Bacon with Tomato Sauce using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steamed Cod Slices and Bacon with Tomato Sauce
- It’s 2 of Fresh cod fillets.
- Prepare 4 slice of Bacon.
- Prepare 1/4 of Onion.
- You need 1/2 of packet Shimeji mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/4 of tin Tinned tomatoes.
- You need 1 of as required ◎ Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of of each ◎ Oregano, thyme, etc..
- It’s 1 of as required ◎ Easy melting cheese.
- It’s 1 small of amout of each Coarsely ground black pepper, parsley.
Stir the basil into the beans, season, then serve in shallow bowls topped with the cod. Place the pepper and tomato sauce in a serving dish and lay the fillets on top and serve with green beans Cod is a lovely, flaky, plump fish and works so, so well in this recipe. That, however, does not mean you cannot use a different fish if you choose. Rich tomato soup made with fresh tomatoes, Yukon Gold potatoes, and bacon.
Steamed Cod Slices and Bacon with Tomato Sauce step by step
- Slice a cod fillet diagonally into 4 thin pieces. Remove any bones..
- Cut the 4 slices of bacon into 4 pieces. Chop the onion. Remove the hard bottom from the shimeji mushrooms and separate into small pieces..
- Place the onion, shimeji mushrooms and tinned tomatoes in the centre of some baking parchment or a microwave steaming sheet..
- Arrange the cod and bacon slices alternately on top..
- Sprinkle the ◎ ingredients evenly over the top. Fold and seal the parchment or microwave steaming sheet by squeezing both ends..
- Microwave at 600 W for 7-8 minutes. Sprinkle on the coarsely ground black pepper and parsley..
- Adjust the cooking time to your microwave..
I made this soup again with Muir glen and Trader Joe's starter sauce (all I had) and it was as good as with the fresh summer Creamy Tomato and White Bean Soup. Green Beans with Tomatoes and Bacon. Cod with tomato and chorizo sauce. Chorizo is a brilliant ingredient – you just need a little to add a hit of Peas and bacon harmonize flavorfully over this soft cod baked over milk and onions. Time to make Poached Cod in Tomato Sauce!