Almost chicken enchiladas casserole. LOVE this easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe! It's made with the best homemade enchilada sauce, and layered with corn tortillas, cheese, beans, and your favorite fillings. It's cheesy, it's spicy, it's sinfully delicious.
Wonderful combination of foods, mushrooms and tortillas become soft and tender. Note, though, that it tastes like a casserole of cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup (understandable, because those are some of main. This recipe appears by special request. You can cook Almost chicken enchiladas casserole using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Almost chicken enchiladas casserole
- It’s of chicken.
- Prepare 6 large of chicken breasts skinless and boneless.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of paprika.
- You need 1/4 cup of annatto powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need of sauce.
- Prepare 28 oz of canned diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of whole leaf oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sofrito.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 small of onion chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, sliced.
- It’s of topping.
- Prepare 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded monetary jack colby cheddar cheese.
- You need of garnish.
- It’s 2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of pickled jalapeño peppers.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped cilantro.
Creamy chicken and green chilies I use the regular sized tortillas. not the large ones. I overlap the tortillas to make the layer. This chicken enchilada casserole is creamy cheesy perfection and it's so easy to throw together since everything is layered together instead of rolled. But, who has time to be rolling enchiladas the time?
Almost chicken enchiladas casserole step by step
- Preheat oven 350° Fahrenheit.
- Coat large saute pan with oil. Season chicken with with cumin, annatto powder, granulated garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika before turning. After you turn sprinkle the bottom next. Cook till chicken is done. Remove chicken to a platter, allow to cool..
- Saute onion and garlic clove in chicken drippings until tender. Stir well to combine. Add canned tomatoes, saute 1 minute. Add oregano, turmeric, and sofrito. Add tomato paste to thicken just a bit. Let simmer for 15 minutes..
- Pull chicken breasts apart by hand into shredded strips. add sauce to pan just enough to cover bottom. Add shredded chicken to pan, add tomatoes on top of the chicken..
- Add cheeses on top. Bake in oven 15- 20 minutes..
- Let cool just a bit. Add sour cream to top. Then peppers, and cilantro. Serve hope you enjoy!.
This enchilada casserole is way easier than rolling up individual enchiladas! ▼ Please see the description below for ingredient amounts ▼ Today I present my Chicken enchilada casserole. If you've been craving the taste of real Mexican. Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole is packed with layers of chicken, enchilada sauce, tortillas, and cheese. It's easy comfort food that your whole family will love.. Mexican Chicken Enchilada Casserole, Easy Mexican Chicken And Rice Casserole, Chicken Fajita Casserole.