Plantain cake. I just love this wonderful recipe! I always make this bread for breakfast Plantain cake/plantain bread (video). This Plantain cake is really tasty, inexpensive and.
It will quickly become your favorite plantain dessert! Ripe plantains – As plantains ripen, the peel softens from green to yellow to black. Green plantains have a high starch content, which partially converts into. You can cook Plantain cake using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Plantain cake
- You need 2 of large over ripe plantains.
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 120 g of margarine (About 7 tablespoon).
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Plantain Cake Recipe – Is your Kitchen overstock with over-ripe Plantains? Don't trash them, make this Plantain cake, you will be glad you did. Plantain Cake – easy, light and delicious plantain cake or bread that serves as a great breakfast or afternoon snack. You could eat the whole thing without realizing you have gone overboard!
Plantain cake instructions
- Peel the plantains, in a blender cut into tiny pieces, add very little water.and blend till you get a smooth pureè. You can make use of a fork if you don't have a blender.
- In a mixing bowl, throw in the margarine or butter, granulated sugar. Use the spatula to combine together before using the hand mixer.
- Next, cream the margarine and sugar till its light and fluffy for about 3-4 minutes. If you don't have an handsome mixer you can do it manually and this will take about 30 minutes. Clean the edges with the spatula.
- Break in one of the eggs, then mix and break in the second egg and mix again.
- Throw in vanilla extract, the plantain puree into the bowl and mix all together. Set aside.
- In another separate bowl, pour the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt then mix all together to combine..
- Transfer half of the dried ingredients into the batter then mix, add the milk mix again and finally add the other half of the dried ingredients and mix for the last time. NOTE: Don't over mix the batter..
- Use your spatula and mix again. At this point you can add any nuts of your choice but I none so am using raising. Throw some raising into the batter and mix.
- Afterwards, bring the baking pans which I have greased with butter but you can also use vegetable oil or cooking spray to grease too..
- Fill the pan half way up, use the spatula to smooth the top and use the raising for the topping as well..
- Bake in a preheated oven (350°F) and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle come out really clean..
- That's it!!!!! Serve with any chilled drink of your choice.
Plantain Bread (Plantain Cake) Recipe Tip: Plantain – the more yellow they are, the sweeter the plantains will be. Flour – I prefer to use the Gluten-free pancake and waffle mix as it is sweet and it. Flourless Plantain Cake with StrawberriesAna Ankeny. This sweet plantain cake is nut free, gluten free, totes paleo and The plantain obsession is real. I must sound like your friend who just joined CrossFit, because I won't.