Egg-free Chewy Corn Rolls.
You can have Egg-free Chewy Corn Rolls using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egg-free Chewy Corn Rolls
- You need 200 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- You need 4 grams of Instant dry yeast.
- It’s 2 grams of Salt.
- Prepare 15 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Water.
- Prepare 120 ml of combined Canned corn liquid, water.
- It’s 30 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 70 grams of Canned corn kernels, drained.
Egg-free Chewy Corn Rolls instructions
- Drain the canned whole corn. If there is too much moisture, the dough will become sticky, so if possible, let the corn sit in a colander overnight..
- Combine the juice from the canned corn with water to a total of 120 ml liquid. If there is no liquid, water alone is fine..
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the butter and whole corn, then add the butter midway through mixing. In a bread maker, knead for 10 to 15 minutes. Knead for 20 to 30 minutes by hand..
- Spread the dough and add the drained corn..
- Wrap the corn, then repeat the process of kneading and stretching and folding. The corn will come out of the dough and become sticky, so mix in..
- After mixing, form a ball, put it in a bowl, cover with a lid or plastic wrap, then allow it to rise for 40 minutes to 1 hour for a 1st proving. (At a room temperature of 20C°, this took 1 hour.).
- It should look like this. Coat your fingers in flour and poke a hole; if it doesn't close up, then they're ready. (The hole should slowly get smaller.).
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces with a scraper or similar implement, then roll them into balls (about 43 g each). They should be sticky, so dust your work surface..
- Wrap in plastic to prevent from drying out, then let sit for 20 to 30 minutes..
- Reshape the balls, place them on a baking tray, then allow a final proving. It should take anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour. (It took me an hour with a room temperature of 20°C.).
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. After the dough rises, make a single vertical slash in the dough with a baguette knife..
- Mist with water before putting into the oven, then bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the oven preheated to 200°C. When cut, they should look like this..
- This recipe is adjusted to suit the winter months. When it's warm in the spring and summer, it might be best to reduce the amount of liquid. (I will add more on this another time.).