Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. I also created a bed of cooked white rice with whole corn and diced roasted red peppers in the baking dish, and then put the enchiladas on it, which soaked up the extra cream sauce nicely and made a. I live in southern New Mexico.
Whenever we have pot lucks at work or partys, my green chile enchiladas are always requested. If it is going to be an especially large group, I leave out the chicken and just make several trays of green. Make Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas at home! You can cook Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- It’s 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded.
- It’s 1 tsp of kosher salt, divided.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 of small red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cored and diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of reduced fat shredded Monterey jack or Mexican blend cheese, divided.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of plain non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 2 (4 ounce) of cans diced green chilies, drained.
- It’s 8 (7 inch) of whole wheat flour tortillas.
- You need of For serving: diced fresh tomato, fresh cilantro, diced avocado, diced red onion, as desired.
Shredded chicken, sour cream and green chiles make up the filling for these tasty enchiladas. Topped with canned green chile enchilada sauce and plenty of cheese for an easy weeknight meal! Once the lock-down is over I absolutely can not wait to go get enchiladas from my favorite Mexican restaurant. Add the chicken, beans, and green chile.
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x 13 inch casserole dish with baking spray and set aside..
- If you chicken is not yet cooked: Place the chicken breast in a single layer in the bottom or a large pot. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp kosher salt, then fill the pan with water, just until it comes 1 inch above the chicken. Bring the water and chicken to a boil over medium high heat. As soon as the water boils, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, then simmer just until the the chicken is cooked through and reaches 165 degrees F at its thickest part, about 10-14 minutes depending upon the size. Begin checking the chicken at the 8-minute mark so that it does not over cook. Remove the chicken from the liquid. Let rest until cool enough to handle, then shred..
- To make the enchiladas: heat oil in a large skillet or saute pan on medium heat. Once the oil is warm, add the peppers and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften and the onions become translucent, about 8-10 minutes..
- to the skillet, add the shredded chicken, 1/2 tsp salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and black pepper. Stir to coat evenly, then remove the skillet from the heat and let cool..
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the cheese, Greek yogurt and green chilies. Once chicken and veggie mixture has cooled to nearly room temperature, add it to the bowl with the yogurt mixture and stir to coat evenly..
- To assemble the enchiladas: Fill each tortilla with a slightly heaping 1/2 cup of the chicken-yogurt mixture. Roll closed and placed in the prepared dish, seam side down. Repeat for the remaining enchiladas. Pour the green enchilada sauce over the top, cover the pan, then bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, uncover, and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 additional minutes, until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with desired toppings and enjoy..
These green chile chicken enchiladas are made with shredded chicken and plenty of cheese, all rolled up in corn tortillas and smothered with green chile sauce. These easy green chicken enchiladas taste like they came from a restaurant and are the perfect way to use up leftover chicken. These Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas come together in a snap with the use of juicy rotisserie chicken, store bought green chiles and salsa verde sauce. They can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for an easy make-ahead dinner! If you have never had White Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas before, stop the insanity now!.