Baked Eggs in Avocados.. Baked eggs in avocado halves are topped with bacon creating a delicious and satisfying paleo breakfast or snack. Arrange avocado halves in a baking dish, resting them along the edge so avocado won't tip over. Slice the avocados in half and remove the pits.
I've got two toppings to share with you, but the options are endless. Tips for Baked Eggs In Avocado. Make sure your avocados are room temperature and not refrigerated. You can cook Baked Eggs in Avocados. using 5 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Eggs in Avocados.
- You need 4 small of eggs.
- You need 2 of avocados.
- It’s 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of salsa, green onion tops, chopped tomatoes for garnishment..
Baked Eggs in Avocado – Who would have thought? You can bake your eggs right in avocado halves for a healthy breakfast option to start your day off right! Avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable. And they are packed with heart-healthy good fats.
Baked Eggs in Avocados. step by step
- Preheat oven to 450° F..
- Loosely lay a a sheet of foil large enough to be able to fold up sides to hold avocados in place..
- Cut avocados in half and remove pit..
- Scoop just enough of the avocado out to make room to hold an egg. It is fine if some of egg white overflows..
- Place avocados on foil on the cookie sheet and fold up the sides of the foil to hold the avocados up and not tilted to their sides..
- Brush each avocado with lemon juice..
- Sprinkle each half with salt and pepper and any other seasoning you would like. I used a pinch of garlic powder..
- Carefully break an egg into each avocado cavity. Again, overflow is fine..
- Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper to season..
- Bake in the preheated 450° F oven for 10-20 minutes until whites are done but yolks are still runny. Or cook until egg is done enough for you based on preference and your health..
- Those women who are pregnant or people with compromised immune systems should cook their eggs thoroughly..
- Place avocado eggs on plate and garnish as desired and serve..
Eggs, on the other hand, are a budget-friendly, high-quality. When you think of breakfast, what's the first thing that comes to mind? Well what if you had a way to make them even better by baking them in a soft. Avocado egg is the perfect breakfast. This dish is also substantial enough to be served as a meatless dinner.