Chicken ala King. Chicken à la King (Franglais; 'King-style chicken') is a dish consisting of diced chicken in a cream sauce, and often with sherry, mushrooms, and vegetables, served over rice, noodles, or bread. It was also often served in a vol-au-vent or pastry case. Classic Chicken a la King is rich and creamy and made from scratch.
Classic Chicken a la King is rich and creamy and made from scratch. This easy dinner recipe is great served over rice, pasta, toast How to Make Chicken Ala King It's Only Food w/ Chef John Politte. You can have Chicken ala King using 24 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken ala King
- It’s of SAUCE.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter, salted or unsalted.
- It’s 6 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 of Shallots, minced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 3 3/4 cup of chicken stock, homade if possible.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dryed thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as Franks brand.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated romano cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- It’s of CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 8 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped carrots.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chicken broth.
- It’s of OPTIONS FOR SERVING.
- It’s of puff pastry shells, which is what I used today I used Pepperidge farms frozen puff pastry shells, baked. Other great serving options are split baked potatos,mashed potatos, rice, pasta, biscuits, toast or english muffins!.
It's a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey. Green pepper and red pimientos make this a pretty dish to serve at Christmas or anytime. Mix it up: Chicken ala King is versatile. It's traditionally served with puff pastry shells or biscuits, but you can also serve it over rice, egg noodles or even mashed potatoes!
Chicken ala King instructions
- MAKE SAUCE.
- In a medium large saucepan melt butter, add shallots and garlic and soften.
- Add wine and cook until half gone then whisk in flour and cook on low 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in broth until smooth, add pepper, thyme, lemon, and hot sauce, bring to a low simmer ad simmer about 30 minutes..
- Add cream and parsley ad cook 2 minutes, taste for salt and pepper. Remove from ,heat and add cheee stir in set aside.
- COOK CHICKENPOX VEGETABLES.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Saute turning once until cooked trough, remove to a plate.
- Add all chopped vegetables to skillet chicken was cooked in sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, saute 2 minutes.
- Add the 2 tablespoons chicken broth , cover and steam vegetables until cooked through about 15 minutes.
- Add reserved sauce to vegetables.
- Add chicken, cut into bite sized pieces and heat through.
- Serve on pastry shells or any of re othere Options for serving. A green salad bows great with this as well..
Chicken à la King from Delish.com is creamy, hearty, and everything you want to eat tonight. It is basically a crustless chicken pot pie and we are absolutely here for it. Chicken a la King is a flavorful and comforting dish made with chicken breasts. This part is probably the healthiest as it has the least fat, but this makes this slightly difficult to cook than other parts. Chicken à la King has an unclear origin, but some very clear requirements and this recipe meets them all, including: chicken (of course), creamy sauce, pimientos and cooked vegetables.