Creamy Beef and Potato Bake.
You can cook Creamy Beef and Potato Bake using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Beef and Potato Bake
- It’s 5-6 of potatoes peeled and thinly sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter (4 Tbsp), divided.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of zucchini, sliced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 pound of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 cup of prepared tomato pasta sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk, divided.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of grated cheddar cheese.
Creamy Beef and Potato Bake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- In skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter and oil. Add potatoes and cook over medium low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add zucchini, salt and pepper. Cook until zucchini is tender..
- Spoon vegetable mixture into 13 x 9 inch baking dish and set aside..
- In skillet, cook ground beef, onion and Italian seasoning together until ground beef loses its pink colour. Drain any excess fat from ground beef. Stir in tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of the milk..
- Spoon meat mixture over the vegetable layer in the baking dish..
- Melt remaining butter, stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in remaining milk. Cook and stir till sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Reduce heat and stir in cheese till melted. Pour sauce over meat layer..
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving..
- Serve and enjoy!.