crispy pig cheeks with spicy pineapple,orange glaze and thai basil,lemon rice. Crispy tilapia fish filet glazed with chilli mango sauce, served with Thai green salad and steamed rice. Rice stir-fried with shrimp, chicken, pineapple, onions, Thai basil, and Thai chilli. Thai-style sweet and spicy pineapple fried rice with scrambled eggs and cashews.
A spicy and simple Thai inspired rice dish! Chef John's version of this classic Thai dish, made with freshly chopped chicken thighs and fresh basil, has a rich sauce that cooks down into a caramelized glaze. My recipe of the day is for crispy tilapia with spicy Thai basil sauce, which has been posted for a few years now, but I am updating the photography. You can have crispy pig cheeks with spicy pineapple,orange glaze and thai basil,lemon rice using 26 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of crispy pig cheeks with spicy pineapple,orange glaze and thai basil,lemon rice
- It’s of crispy pork cheeks.
- You need 5 lb of pig cheeks.
- Prepare 3 of stalks lemon grass.
- You need 1 of bulb garlic.
- It’s 2 of star anise.
- It’s 3 cup of sake.
- You need 5 cup of light chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 tsp of korean chile flake.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- You need of pineapple, orange glaze.
- It’s 1 cup of pineapple juice.
- It’s 1 cup of OJ.
- You need 1 cup of mea poy.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tamari.
- It’s 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 2 tbsp of sambal Olek.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of cold water.
- You need of thai basil and lemon rice.
- You need 3 cup of jasmine rice.
- You need 6 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon aest.
- You need 1/2 cup of thai basil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of mirin.
You can easily serve this with something like steamed jasmine rice, or if you have more time, it works with something like pad thai or any other Asian noodles. Spicy Orange Glaze: Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil on the grill. Chinese Orange Chicken made at home is way better than take-out. Crispy fried chicken with a sweet and tangy orange sauce.
crispy pig cheeks with spicy pineapple,orange glaze and thai basil,lemon rice instructions
- Pig cheeks heat oven to 375 bruise lemon grass place all braising ingredeints into deep baking dish cover with foil and place in oven for 2 hours.
- after two hours remove from oven and place baking dish in the cooler for at least 30 min. (i do this because the meat will be super tender and cooling it will let it keep its shape).
- Glaze combine all ingredeints except corn starch and water. bring to a boil.
- mix starch and water and slowly whisk mix into glaze this will thicken slightly mix well and remove from heat.
- Rice bring water to a boil add lemon zest, rice and salt. mix well cover and simmer for 35 min.
- chiffonade thai basil.
- lay out cooked rice on a half sheet pan or a baking dish. sprinkle mirin and basil over rice and fold it into its self. then press into a even solid layer.
- Plating using a ring mold cut rice out of the pan and place in the center of the plate.
- take two pig cheeks and dust with corn starch. deep fry for 3/5 min..
- remove from fryer and place on top of rice. add a few tablespoons of glave over pork/rice stack and garnish with micro celery or celery leaves and toasted sesame seeds.
It is both sweet and spicy and full of flavor. Chinese Lemon Chicken Chinese Lemon Chicken made with crispy fried chicken covered in an authentic, fresh lemon sauce. So my Thai basil fried rice had to be with shrimp, but you can use any protein you prefer, it will all work! Pound garlic and thai cili together in a mortar Time to make the sauce for Thai basil fried rice! Mix oyster sauce, fish sauce, palm sugar and black or white pepper in a small mixing bowl, set aside.