"Grandma's" Apple Pie w/ Crumb Topping and No Roll or Pre-bake Pie Crust. Arrange the apples in the pie shell and dab the top with pieces of cold butter. Some call it apple crumble pie, others call it apple crumb cake. This is my grandma's recipe and it's so easy, you only need a bowl, a grater, and a baking pan!
Serve it up warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Forget your Grandma's heavy, butter and sugar-laden pie, this vegan and gluten-free Apple Crumb Pie is made with wholesome ingredients that taste incredibly delicious! You can cook "Grandma's" Apple Pie w/ Crumb Topping and No Roll or Pre-bake Pie Crust using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of "Grandma's" Apple Pie w/ Crumb Topping and No Roll or Pre-bake Pie Crust
- It’s of Crust.
- You need 2/3 cup of Butter, softened not Melted.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of boiling water.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Flour (whole wheat works fine).
- You need of Filling.
- You need 12 of Apples thinly sliced (6-12).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- You need of Topping.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Butter (softened not melted).
- You need 3/4 cup of Flour (whole wheat is fine).
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s pinch of cinnamon.
- It’s pinch of nutmeg.
- Prepare of Optional.
- It’s dash of lemon juice.
- Prepare of Butter (few pats).
Apple pie reminds of my grandfather, who we lovingly refer to as Papa. I can't eat it without thinking. All Reviews for Grandma's Apple Pie 'Ala Mode' Moonshine. I may be a light weight too when it comes to liquor.
"Grandma's" Apple Pie w/ Crumb Topping and No Roll or Pre-bake Pie Crust instructions
- Crust: Mix in a food processor,.
- Crust: Press into a greased pie plate.
- Filling: Mix together in a large bowl and let drain over sink..
- Optional: squeeze lemon over apples once they are in the pie crust.
- Optional: add a few Pats of butter before adding Crumb Topping.
- Topping: Mix in food processor, sprinkle evenly over filling, pat down lightly to hold together..
- Baking: 450°F for 15 to 20 minutes with loose foil covering.
- Baking: 350°F for 30 to 90 minutes (as needed).
It smells really good and does taste somewhat like apple pie. Perfect crumble topping, buttery crust, tangy apples, video, and step by step images help you make this recipe. · Cinnamon roll crust, cinnamon roll on top, Dutch apple filling in between. PIE. · Dixie's Pecan Pie Cobbler is like pecan pie on steroids! It takes pecan pie over the top and it. The pie crust is the pie crust mom uses.