Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas. One Of Our Favorite Mexican Dishes – Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas Recipe!! Corn Tortillas Stuffed With Chicken, Cheese, Green Chile Enchilada Sauce, Sour Cream, And Green Chiles, Topped With More Sauce And Cheese! August is my favorite time of the year, its Green Chile time!!
This recipe is absolutely to-die-for.better than a Mexican restaurant! I love the classic red enchiladas, but this green chile version is even better in my opinion. They're super creamy and the flavors taste incredible together. You can have Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- It’s 3 of chicken breasts, diced.
- Prepare 1 (16 oz.) of can green chile enchilada sauce – divided.
- Prepare 1 (4 oz.) of can green chiles.
- It’s 1 (10.5 oz.) of can cream of chicken soup.
- You need 2 (8 oz.) of pkgs. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded – divided.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream, plus extra for topping if desired.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped.
- You need 1 of small red onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of green onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of Roma tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 5 of flour tortillas.
- It’s 2 Tbsp. of Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy seasoning.
- It’s to taste of salt & pepper.
All Reviews for Quick and Easy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole. These green chile chicken enchiladas are made with shredded chicken and plenty of cheese, all rolled up in corn tortillas and smothered with green chile sauce. This enchilada recipe is sure to become a family favorite! Green chile is harvested when ripe, and red chile is from chile left on the vine or tied up in RISTRAS to dry out and become red chile.
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Cook chicken in large skillet with a little olive oil and your seasonings. Place in a handful of the red onion if desired..
- Chop veggies and combine in small bowl; mix well and place in fridge until ready to serve..
- Once chicken is completely cooked, place in large mixing bowl..
- Add in half the can of enchilada sauce, 1 cup of shredded cheese, green chiles, cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Mix well to combine..
- Spread half of your remaining enchilada sauce into a prepared 9 x 13 baking dish..
- Evenly distribute the chicken mixture onto each of the five tortillas. Roll up with ends tucked into middle and place in your dish..
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce. Spoon evenly over each enchilada..
- Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot & bubbly..
- Enjoy topped with veggie mix and sour cream if desired!.
If it is going to be an especially large group, I leave out the chicken and just make several trays of green chile cheese enchiladas. Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas are a classic American family favorite! How to Freeze Chicken Enchiladas: Chicken enchiladas can easily be frozen and reheated. It doesn't get any easier than these chicken enchiladas, they're creamy, cheesy and perfect! These Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas have the perfect combination of flavors.