Hot smoked sockeye salmon with beetroot and potato gratin. Great recipe for Hot smoked sockeye salmon with beetroot and potato gratin. This are probably my favourite ingredients to cook with. Marinated sockeye salmon that has been hot smoked using alder wood chips.
Put half the beetroot on top of that, then half the fish. Spoon half of the potatoes into the dish and spread them out. Put half the beetroot on top of that, then half the fish. You can cook Hot smoked sockeye salmon with beetroot and potato gratin using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hot smoked sockeye salmon with beetroot and potato gratin
- It’s 2 of sockeye salmon fillets.
- Prepare of Marinade.
- You need 30 ml of soy sauce.
- You need 20 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s of Beetroot and potato gratin.
- Prepare 220 g of beetroots (4 medium beetroots).
- It’s 220 g of baking potatoes (2 medium potatoes).
- It’s 350 ml of veg stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of horseradish.
- You need Pinch of black pepper.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s of Watercress for garnish (optional).
Season and add half the dill. Now add the rest of the beetroot and fish, seasoning again and adding the dill. Peel the potatoes and slice very thinly. Dry with a cloth and use half of the potato slices to cover a well buttered baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
Hot smoked sockeye salmon with beetroot and potato gratin step by step
- Mix all of the ingredients from the marinade section. In a small container cover bith salmon filllets. Leave it aside for an hour..
- To make gratin you will need to slice beets and potatoes very thin. Mandaline is very helpfull..
- Brush inside of the small roasting tray with the olive oil (ideal for it are small aluminium Bbq trays). Next, start layering sliced beetroots and potatoes.
- Mix the veg stock with horseradish, salt and pepper. Cover the veggies with the mixture.
- Place it on pre heated Bbq and cook it on the low direct heat for about an hour till beetroots are soft and liquid is reduced down. Set it aside in a warm place or just bring back on the heat before serving..
- Add in alder wood chips to the charcoal. Keep the heat low. Place the marinated salmon on a Bbq fish trays and set it on the grill. Close the lid and let it cook for about 20 / 25 min till the salmon fillets reach temp. 65 ° C..
Distribute the smoked salmon on top of the potato slices in the dish. Cover with the rest of the potatoes and the garlic, and season again. There are five types of wild Alaskan salmon: king, coho, pink, chum, and sockeye. Here, we used sockeye salmon (also known as red salmon) for its deeply hued, rusty color, leanness, and pronounced flavor, which has a gamey quality that makes it a perfect pair for the savory notes smoking lends. Flake the fish on top of Caesar salads, add it to minestrone, use it in salmon salad sandwiches or.