Japanese cotton sponge with bottle gourd pudding. A wide variety of bottle gourd sponge options are available to you, such as usage, anti-ultraviolet, and material. Japanese cotton sponge with bottle gourd pudding. Salt, butter, milk, eggs, Powdered sugar, pieces Bottle gourd, ghee, Roasted cashew nuts.
Unfollow bottle gourd sponge to stop getting updates on your eBay feed. The process of making the Japanese cotton sponge cake is similar to most of the sponge cake recipes. Nevertheless, there are some fine details which I will explain in detail in the following sections. You can have Japanese cotton sponge with bottle gourd pudding using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese cotton sponge with bottle gourd pudding
- It’s as per taste of Salt.
- It’s 80 gms of butter.
- Prepare 110 grams of milk.
- It’s 7 of eggs.
- You need as required of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare Few of pieces Bottle gourd.
- You need 4 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare Few of Roasted cashew nuts.
- Prepare few of drops food green colour.
- Prepare 90 grams of maida.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of cornflour powder.
- It’s as required of Flavoured green glaze.
- Prepare as required of White chocolate strips.
- You need Few of choco chips.
The Sponge gourd, also called the Luffa or Loofah gourd, is a member of the Curcurbitaceae (cucumber) family. The name Sponge gourd generally refers to the fruit of two species -L. cylindrica, which is smooth-skinned with faint ridge lines; and L. acutangula, which has prominent ridges and is. Find sponge gourd stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day.
Japanese cotton sponge with bottle gourd pudding instructions
- Combine butter and evaporated milk, heat up over medium-low heat until butter has melted then add maida and mix until combined..
- Combine 1 egg and 6 egg yolks, add to batter gradually, mix until smooth..
- In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg whites on low speed until foamy. Add in salt and whisk until small bubbles are formed. Add in powdered sugar gradually, whisk on low speed until softened..
- Add mixture to egg yolk batter in 3 batches, mix gently with hand whisk. Fold gently until well mixed with spatula..
- Pour the batter into lined baking pan, tap a few times to break large bubbles..
- Bake at 150°C/300°F for 1 hour 50 minutes, until fully cooked..
- Boil bottle gourd pieces in a pressure cooker with 3 whistles and blend them in a mixer, Now Heat in a pan and add powdered sugar and cook for 3-4 mins..
- Now add cornflour paste into pan and add 4 tbsp ghee, food green colour keep stirring and when corners of pan comes up add roasted cashew nuts and transfer into a greased tray and set for 30 minutes.
- To assemble dish, cut Japanese sponge into circular shaped and pour bottle gourd pudding in the middle and decorate it with some flavoured glaze, choco chips and white chocolate strips..
I baked this sponge cake three times last weekend. Yeah, like I had nothing better to do. Sometimes, I am overcome by a certain kind of madness. I spotted the recipe for Japanese Cotton Sponge Cake from the book Creative Making of Cakes by Alex Goh. • The texture of Japanese Cotton Sponge Cake is as soft as cotton, it has a high proportion of egg to the amount of flour. You may add ingredients with different flavours to the sponge cake batter to create sponge cakes with different flavours, such as Vanilla Sponge Cake, Pandan Sponge Cake.