Kairi / Raw Mango Masala Stuffed Karele. Instant Raw Mango Pickle or Raw Mango Pachadi is ready to be served. Karela mango Recipe – Kacche Aam aor Karele ki Sabzi. Enjoy Tangy Karela with Rice or Roti.
You can stuff karela with anything. In fact, I have another delicious stuffed karela recipe coming to the blog in a couple of weeks. For this recipe though, we're using my recipe for Indian onion masala along with some other spices, like amchur (dried mango powder). You can have Kairi / Raw Mango Masala Stuffed Karele using 21 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kairi / Raw Mango Masala Stuffed Karele
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Bitter Gourd / Karelas.
- It’s 1 of Raw Mango / Kairi.
- You need of For the Masala Mix Stuffing -.
- It’s 1 of grated Onion.
- Prepare 5-6 of Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare 1 inch of piece of Ginger.
- You need 1 pinch of Hing / Asafoetida Powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Haldi / Turmeric Powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Black Pepper Powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Zeera / Roasted Cumin Powder.
- You need 1.5 teaspoons of Dhaniya / Coriander Seed Powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Besan / Gram Flour.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Sugar.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Other Ingredients-.
- You need 1 teaspoon of + some oil to brush the karelas.
- You need 1 kg of finely chopped Onions.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of mixed Turmeric+Red Chilli+Roasted Cumin+Coriander+Dry Mango (Amchoor)+Garam Masala Powders.
- Prepare 1.5 teaspoons of Oil.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
Start stuffing all the mangoes with pickle masala by gently pressing the masala within to leave no air gap inside. Take care to keep the mangoes intact during the whole process of Relish Whole Stuffed Mango Pickle Recipe with a clean spoon every time, with hot khichdi or a hearty Gujarati thali for lunch. Mangoes are no longer just for exotic dishes and desserts. This recipe takes a bit of time to prepare but is well worth the wait.
Kairi / Raw Mango Masala Stuffed Karele step by step
- In a non stick pan or kadhai, roast the besan, set aside..
- Grate the onion, ginger and garlic..
- Wash, pat dry and gently peel / scrape the rough skin off the karelas. Reserve and set aside the scrapped off skin. Rub a little salt on the karelas and leave to sweat..
- Grate the raw mango, leaving the skin on..
- In the same kadhai in which the besan was roasted, heat oil, add a pinch of hing, add the dry masala powders, stir briskly..
- Add the grated ginger-garlic-onion and saute. Fry till the raw aroma disappears..
- Add the scrapped off karela skin, saute well..
- Add the grated raw mango and min in. Fry till the masala becomes dryish. Add salt to taste and a pinch of sugar..
- Now add the roasted besan and stir briskly. The Masala Mix is ready, take off heat. Set aside to cool..
- Take the salted karelas, carefully make a slit running to through the centre. Fill in the cooled Masala Mix..
- Lightly brush the karelas with oil all over..
- Grill / Bake in a pre heated oven at 150 Deg C for about 20 minutes, turning them over after a 10 minute interval..
- Heat oil in another pan. Add the chopped onions, saute till brown..
- Add the mixed dry masalas powders..
- Add the oven grilled stuffed karelas. Saute for 1 minute..
- Cook covered on low-med heat for 10-15 minutes, adding droplets of water over the lid and stirring once or twice in between..
- Enjoy with rotis, paranthas or plain dal-rice..
Source: Zubaida Tariq in Handi at Masala TV Channel. When it boils, add the mango pieces into it; dip one by one pieces in syrup and keep them another. Kairi means 'raw mango' in marathi language. Raw Mango – Green Chili Pickle. Tirangi creamy dal Mixed lentil curry.