Mae's Baked Penne.
You can cook Mae's Baked Penne using 13 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mae's Baked Penne
- You need of Pasta and Cheese.
- You need 10 oz of penne.
- You need 15 oz of ricotta cheese.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of mozzerella cheese, grated & divided.
- You need 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese, grated.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of each dried basil, parsley, garlic powder.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1 lb of Italian sausage, cooked and drained.
- It’s 1 can of –15 ounce crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 can of –8 ounce each tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of each fresh basil and parsley, snipped into bits.
- It’s 2 of or 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped.
Mae's Baked Penne step by step
- Cook pasta till almost done. Drain and set aside..
- Mix eggs, ricotta, 1 cup of the mozzarella, the parmesan, and the herbs in a large bowl..
- Mix pasta into cheese mixture..
- FOR THE SAUCE—.
- Pour crushed tomatoes, and tomato sauce into large sauce pan.
- Cook until thickened a little, about 10 minutes.
- Add cooked sausage.
- Add fresh herbs and garlic, cook an additional 10 minutes.
- In a 10 by 13 inch baking pan pour 1/2 cup of sauce..
- Add half of the pasta and cheese mixture..
- Top with half of remaining sauce.
- Repeat with remaining pasta and top with remaining sauce..
- Top with final cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly on top..
- NOTES: a 24 ounce jar of your favorite pasta sauce can be substitute for my sauce.
- Also may be cooked in Microwave oven in microwave proof dish on 80% for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted..
- Serve and Enjoy.
- Goes great with https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/336067-midnite-snak-2-easy-garlic-bread https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/340159-spicy-italian-soup.