Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers. Find chicken pineapple skewer stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. Thread the chicken, veggies, and pineapple onto your skewers (if you're using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for an hour ahead of time so they don't burn!) Chicken and pineapple are a perfect match for the grill.
Teriyaki chicken, pineapple and a grill: a meal trifecta. Check out this recipe for the perfect balance of savory and sweet. Teriyaki chicken, pineapple and a grill: a meal trifecta. You can have Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers
- You need of Meats.
- Prepare 4 of Extra Large Boneless Chicken Breasts [fat trimmed].
- Prepare of Vegetables & Fruits.
- It’s 4 large of Green Bell Peppers.
- Prepare 1 can of Pineapple Chunks.
- You need 2 large of Purple Onions.
- It’s of Marinade.
- You need 1 can of 20 oz Dole Crushed Pineapples.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Teriyaki Sauce [your favorite brand].
- You need 1 tbsp of Minced Ginger.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Garlic Chili Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Bottle Teriyaki Miso Sauce [optional] [not to be mixed in marinade].
- It’s of Optional Brine.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Salt.
- Prepare of Equipment.
- Prepare 1 gallon of Sized Ziplock Bag.
- It’s 1 of Pair Barbecue Tongs.
- It’s 8 of Metal Skewers.
- You need 1 large of Bowl.
- Prepare 1 small of Pot.
- Prepare 1 of Brush.
- It’s of Serving Suggestions.
- It’s 1 of Tortilla – Naan – Pita Breads [or bad of your choosing].
- Prepare 1 of White Rice.
Zesty, savory nature of teriyaki marinade and fresh, juicy pineapple spears basted with butter-rum glaze will make mouths. These Chicken Pineapple Skewers are an easy weeknight grilling recipe. They're packed with flavor and can absolutely be assembled in advance! How to Make Chicken Pineapple Skewers.
Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers instructions
- TO BRINE CHICKEN: In a small pot, heat two cups water, salt and sugar until dissolved. Add some ice cubes to cool the mixture down. Pour in large bowl. Add chicken breasts. Add just enough cold water to cover breasts. Add four cups ice and mix up. Place in fridge to brine for five to six hours minimum or no longer than eight hours. You can also pre-cut your chicken into 1"x1" cubes and brine for 2 1/2 to 4 hours..
- Add everything in the Marinade section [except for the Teriyaki Miso Sauce] in a Ziplock bag and mix..
- Pull chicken from brine and place in marinade bag. Allow chicken to marinate for two hours or longer. Reserve marinade sauce for later use..
- Chop all vegetables in 1"x1" cubes. Cut chicken in 1"x1" cubes as well. Thread chicken on metal skewers starting and ending with chicken pieces. Thread vegetables and pineapple in between chicken pieces..
- OPTIONAL: Lightly brush constructed skewers with Teriyaki Miso Sauce. This sauce is optional since it does have a slightly bitter Miso taste to it. However, by adding the pineapple chunks, it negates the flavor almost entirely..
- Grill until fully cooked at 425° to 450°. Usually about 15 minutes. Be careful not to burn by turning skewers regularly. Serve with Tortillas, Naan bread or any other breads that you can place your chicken in..
- You can also bake these. I use a convection oven like the one pictured. If you choose to bake, add chicken chunks, vegetables and pineapples on a nonstick sheet or oven safe liner and bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Serve with white rice..
- Lastly, you can use your pineapple marinade to make a thick sauce to drizzle over rice. Do this by bringing marinade to a hard boil and adding 2 tablespoons corn starch mixed with a small amount of water in a seperate bowl. Then, slowly add it to your simmering marinade. Simmer until sauce thickens to the consistency you desire.The longer it simmers the thicker your sauce will become..
The trick here is to marinate the chicken WAY ahead. Hawaiian chicken marinated in a pineapple and coconut marinade that infuses with tropical flavours and tenderises. Skewer them as pictured, or cook One bite of these Pineapple Coconut Hawaiian Chicken Skewers, and you'll be doing the hula dance, they're that good! Flip again and cook until brown to just I think this summer, I'm going to try to come up with as many ways to use a skewer as I can. I LOVE things on skewers: shrimp, chicken satay, chunks of.