pineapple upside-down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
Chef Anna Olson shows you how to make the best Pineapple Upside Down Cake using her own original recipe! You won't want to make it any other way! This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. You can cook pineapple upside-down cake using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of pineapple upside-down cake
- You need 20 oz of can on pineapple rings.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of butter (melted).
- You need 1 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 6 of eggs(seperated).
- You need 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of maraschino cherries.
Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too – this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made. Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes.
pineapple upside-down cake step by step
- in and ungrease 9×13 glass baking dish combine melted butter and brown sugar.
- drain the can of pineapple reserving all the juice.
- arrange pineapple in two rows along the lengthwise sides of the dish then take the last two slices and cut the in half and place them between the rows of whole pineapple slices.
- sprinkle the chopped pecans over the pineapple and set the dish aside.
- in a large bowl beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- gradually add sugar beating well.
- blend in vanilla and reserved pineapple juice.
- combine flour,baking powder, salt and add to batter beating well.
- in another bowl beat egg whites on high speed untill stiff peaks form.
- fold egg whites into the batter.
- spoon the batter into the 9×13 dish.
- bake at 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- let stand for 10 minutes then invert to your serving dish.
- place cherries in the center of the pineapples.
This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. This classic pineapple upside down cake starts with an easy homemade cake made with cake flour and butter. This is one of the most popular Pineapple Upside-Down Cake on this site. My mother has an easier version where you don't need to beat the egg whites separately. This pineapple upside-down cake from Delish.com will remind you why it's a classic.