Roasted Summer Squash Boats Filled with Chicken and Ricotta Topped with Fresh Garlic Tomato Sauce. Squash and chicken were simply born to be together… on my dinner plate. If you are vegetarian, this Clean Eating Roasted Summer Squash recipe will also pair really well with some brown rice I used crushed garlic instead of garlic powder, and brushed it on. Used the herbes de Provence and garlic – also a pinch of fresh Thyme from the garden.
How to Roast Summer Squash and Zucchini. Start by prepping and chopping the veggies. Place the chopped squash, zucchini, onion and garlic in a large bowl and drizzle with oil. You can cook Roasted Summer Squash Boats Filled with Chicken and Ricotta Topped with Fresh Garlic Tomato Sauce using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Summer Squash Boats Filled with Chicken and Ricotta Topped with Fresh Garlic Tomato Sauce
- Prepare of Chicken Stuffed Squash.
- It’s 1 cup of rotisserie chicken, diced.
- It’s 3 of tablespoons, olive oil, divided.
- You need 1/4 tsp of coriander, ground.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 of Salt, to taste.
- You need 3/4 of cup, mozzarella, grated, divided.
- Prepare 6 of tablespoons, panko bread crumbs divided.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 10 each of parsley leaves, finely chopped.
- You need 16 oz of summer squash.
- It’s of Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 16 oz of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of sprig fresh oregano.
- It’s 1 of Salt, to taste.
- You need 1 of Pepper, to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar, as needed.
Encore: Herb-Roasted Chicken with Root Vegetables. Top with spoonfuls of the ricotta and garnish with the remaining basil. Categories: Tomato Side Dish Side Dish Tomato Healthy Ricotta Spaghetti Squash Squash Microwave Recipes Gluten Free. French, Basil, Summer Squash, Tomato, Weekday, Side Dish, Summer, Healthy, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Roasted Summer Squash Boats Filled with Chicken and Ricotta Topped with Fresh Garlic Tomato Sauce step by step
- Please take the time to read through the entire recipe card before beginning..
- Preheat your oven to 425º F. While your oven is preheating dice the tomatoes for the tomato sauce and set aside. Next prepare the ingredients for the chicken stuffed squash..
- In a large bowl mix the cooked chicken and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then mix in the coriander, paprika, pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt. Next add 1/2 cup mozzarella, and 4 tablespoons panko bread crumbs, ricotta, and parsley. Stir thoroughly to combine. Check seasoning, and add salt if necessary..
- Use the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to grease the bottom of a 9” x 13” baking dish. Then cut the squash into ‘boats’, by first cutting a very thin slice off of each side of the squash, then cut in half directly between those sliced edges. The first cuts will act to level the bottom of the boats. Use a small spoon to scoop out the seeds, and slightly hollow the boats. Place the squash into the oiled baking dish, and season with salt..
- Fill the hollows of the squash with the chicken mixture. The boats should be heaping and full. Top with remaining cheese and bread crumbs. Bake for 10 minutes uncovered, then remove from oven. While the squash is cooking, make the tomato sauce..
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, and then add the minced garlic. Cook, stirring all the while, until aromatic and slightly translucent. Add diced tomatoes and fresh oregano. Continue to cook while stirring. Once tomatoes have released their liquid, season to taste with salt and pepper. Adjust acidity with vinegar as desired..
- After the squash has cooked for 10 minutes and the tomato sauce is ready, add tomato sauce to the bottom of the baking dish spreading evenly around the squash, and cover with foil. Cook for an additional 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!.
Summer squash contains a lot of water, which can cause it to get mushy when cooked. We turned to a trick we use with moisture-rich vegetables like cucumbers and eggplant: Toss raw halved squash with salt and let it sit for at least ten Spread lemon ricotta over platter. Top with squash and their juices. Roasted summer squash is simple and delicious, it really doesn't get easier than this! There's something about roasting vegetables that makes them Toss it with a little olive oil, season it to taste an roast while you are preparing the rest of your meal.