Shepherd's pie – a baked dish. Making the best Shepherd's Pie is not difficult. But, there are a few steps to it. You have to make the meat mixture, the mashed potatoes, assemble the casserole, and bake it.
This hearty meat and potato dish can be made using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry! This hearty meat and potato dish can be made using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Sauce thickness – Whatever the thickness of the sauce when you pour it into the dish, that's what it will be once baked – no steam escapes while. You can cook Shepherd's pie – a baked dish using 26 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie – a baked dish
- You need 1 of medium to big size onion finely chopped.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare of Saly.
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- You need of Chopped Green chillies, as per your taste.
- Prepare 4 cups of chopped mix vegetables any from the list below.
- You need of french beans.
- Prepare of carrot.
- You need of peas.
- It’s of Sweet corn.
- You need of Khojat/zucchini.
- You need of For potato layer.
- It’s 3 of medium to big potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- You need of For white sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of melted ghee/butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of maida.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare of For topping.
- It’s of Sliced tomatoes.
- Prepare of Sliced capsicum.
- Prepare of Cheese (do not use a lot like on pizza).
This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Remove the baking dish from the oven, sprinkle a few extra herbs on top if you would like, then dish. Shepherd's Pie is basically a casserole made of cooked meat with gravy which gets topped with a layer of mashed potatoes and then baked. You can put the Shepherd's Pie under the broiler for a few minutes to brown the top a little bit more, BUT NOT IF YOU USED A GLASS BAKING DISH AS I.
Shepherd's pie – a baked dish instructions
- Prepare vegetables. Heat oil in a pan. Fry Onion and garlic, till onions are translucent. Add all the vegetables, salt and chilli powder. Combine well, cover and cook on low heat.
- Cook till they are tender (almost Cooked like about 80%, but not fully cooked). Add chopped chillies and remove from heat. Boil potatoes in salty water. Peel, mash, add mayonnaise, combine and keep aside..
- For white sauce, heat ghee, add maida and roast on low heat till maida changes its colour, feels lighter and leaves nice aroma. Add milk at this point while continuously mixing with a whisker to avoid the formation of lumps. Bring it to a boil. When the mixture starts thickening, remove it from heat. Add salt, sugar and black pepper. Mix..
- To assemble, divide the vegetables, the white sauce and the mashed potatoes into 2 portions. Lay in the baking tray, one portion of each – the vegetables, the white sauce, the mashed potatoes and the cheese in the same order. Repeat the same order for the second layer..
- Top it up with tomato slices and capsicum rings. Place the dish on the top most rack and grill at 170c for 7-19 min or till the cheese melts and gets the brown spots.serve hot with tomato ketchup and chilli sauce..
Shepherd's pie is a rustic dish traditionally made with lamb, but you can substitute beef for an equally Freezer-Friendly Shepherd's Pie. This is a great dish to make ahead of time and store in the freezer for a future meal. This easy shepherd's pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish.