Toni's Baked Bacon Mac & Cheese.
You can cook Toni's Baked Bacon Mac & Cheese using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Toni's Baked Bacon Mac & Cheese
- Prepare 1 box of of elbow pasta.
- You need 1 bag of of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 bag of of shredded colby cheese.
- It’s 1 large of egg.
- Prepare 3 tsp of of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 pints of of half & half.
- Prepare 2 tsp of of salt.
- It’s 1/2 stick of of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 lb of of smoked bacon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
Toni's Baked Bacon Mac & Cheese step by step
- boil water add salt then add pasta cook for about 8-10 mins then strain and add back to pot.
- on a bake sheet cut pack of bacon in half add strips to bake sheet cook at 375° for 15 mins.
- in a sauce pan on medium heat melt butter add flour to make a roux pour in pint of half & half add salt, pepper, onion & garlic powder then add 1/2 the bags of the cheddar and colby cheeses slowly stirring with whisk be sure you constantly stir so cheese sauce doesn't burn or stick.
- remove bacon let cool then crumble set aside.
- take casserole pan butter pan, pour cheese sauce over pasta in pot and 1/2 of crumbled bacon mix well then add to casserole pan add 1 beated egg over top as a glue agent then add the rest of shredded colby & cheddar cheese on top bake at 400° for 20 mins then add the other half of crumbled bacon to the top last 5 mins before removing from oven.
- remove from oven and serve warm.