Vickys Sausage Meat Meatball Pasta Bake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Sausage Meat Meatball Pasta Bake, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Sausage Meat Meatball Pasta Bake, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 300 g of dried GF EF pasta such as rigatoni or penne.
- You need 700 g of GF pork sausage meat.
- It’s 4 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato puree / paste.
- It’s 400 g of tinned chopped tomatoes.
- You need 240 ml of reserved pasta water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Italian seasoning or as desired.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 150 g of 'Mozzarisella' brand vegan mozzarella cheese, grated.
- You need 40 g of 'Violife' brand parmesan-style cheese, grated.
Vickys Sausage Meat Meatball Pasta Bake, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400F and ready an ovenproof dish.
- Form the sausagemeat into balls around an inch in diameter.
- Heat half of the oil in a frying pan over a medium/high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 6 – 8 minutes, turning as required until browned all over. Remove and set aside.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the pasta and begin to cook as per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining oil to the frying pan, reduce the heat to medium, then fry off the onion for 3 – 4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the tomatoes and puree to the onion mixture and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Add the Italian seasoning and 240ml of pasta water, bring to a simmer and cook 6 – 8 minutes until the sauce has reduced slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and toss in the sauce.
- Pour the pasta and sauce into an ovenproof baking dish with the meatballs, stirring gently to coat. Add the mozzarella over the top and scatter over the parmesan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with some garlic bread – see my previously posted free-from recipe.