Baked beans. Baked beans is a dish traditionally containing white beans which are parboiled and then baked at a low temperature for a lengthy period of time in some sort of sauce. Get recipes that start with dried beans and shortcut versions, too. They're the best beans for making baked beans.
Topped with delicious bacon, they're sure to be a hit! These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals! Baked beans make for a perfect side dish to smoky ribs. You can cook Baked beans using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked beans
- Prepare 2 lb of bacon, cut into 1" pieces.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 lb of pork sausage.
- You need 2 large of onions, diced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of prepared mustard.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- You need 60 oz of pork and beans with sauce.
- Prepare 30 oz of kidney beans, drained.
- It’s 30 oz of pinto beans, drained.
- Prepare 30 oz of butter beans, drained.
- It’s 30 oz of black.beans, drained.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- It’s 1 of juice of two limes.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
Check out Tyler's version with chipotle chiles, and other tasty BBQ sides. Baked beans are typically made with small, white navy beans. Other common ingredients are sugar, herbs, and spices. Recipes may also include tomato sauce, vinegar, molasses, and mustard.
Baked beans step by step
- in a large dutch oven(14") brown bacon and set aside..
- brown ground beef and pork sausage in same dutch oven and add oinion and cook until clear..
- drain off excess fat.
- add all remaining ingredients, including the bacon..
- stir it all good, and cook over medium heat until heated well..
- serves 20 to 30 people.
Baked beans are great on baked potatoes, toast or part of a fry-up. Learn how to make homemade baked beans with our easy recipe, or try using a tin in a cottage pie or veggie stew. BEST BAKED BEANS RECIPE made easy with canned beans, bacon, brown sugar! Cowboy Baked Beans, also known as Chuckwagon Beans, is a baked bean recipe with a southwestern twist. Traditionally served in a rich sauce with pork or bacon, baked beans are a wholesome, versatile dish that's great as a snack or as a meal's centerpiece dish.