Baked Camembert with Red Wine and Berry Sauce (Vegetarian).
You can cook Baked Camembert with Red Wine and Berry Sauce (Vegetarian) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Camembert with Red Wine and Berry Sauce (Vegetarian)
- You need 1 of Camembert (made from cow's milk, not goat's).
- You need 300 ml of Red Wine.
- Prepare 50 ml of Cherry (or other berry) liquor.
- You need 10-12 of Medium Strawberries.
- It’s 100 g of Blueberries.
- You need 100 g of Blackberries.
- It’s 100 g of Raspberries.
- You need Half of a Cup of Sugar.
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Sugar.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon.
Baked Camembert with Red Wine and Berry Sauce (Vegetarian) instructions
- Cut strawberries in halves. Mix all the fruit together in a colander and wash thoroughly..
- Add 300 ml of red wine and 50 ml of cherry liquor to a pot. Add sugar, vanilla sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. When it starts to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer. Then, add all of the fruit to the pot. Let it simmer over low heat for 20-30 minutes, depending on the consistency that you want. After 30 minutes, the consistency should be almost syrupy..
- To bake the Camembert, preheat your oven to 200 C (or 392 F). Use a knife to slash the top of the Camembert and remove most of the top layer. Lightly coat the top with the wine and berry mix from the pot. Put aluminium foil or baking paper underneath it to prevent sticking. If your Camembert comes in a wooden box, leave it there, just remove the foil and the packaging. Bake for 7-10 minutes (until the centre becomes creamy)..
- After you're done, remove the remaining bits from the top, especially if they're slightly dark. Put some of the wine and berry mix from the pot on top of the Camembert. Fruit should just fall into the creamy centre of the cheese. Make sure that you don't pick up too much of the wine, you don't want to drown the Camembert in liquid. Decorate with mint leaves or lemon zest. Enjoy your meal! .