Baked Penne And Sausage. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add sausage; cook and stir until sausage is no longer pink. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and pasta.
You can also use chicken or turkey sausage instead of pork if you wish. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Baked Penne with Sausage is a delicious one pan dinner full of sausage, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, and penne pasta. You can have Baked Penne And Sausage using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Penne And Sausage
- You need 4 cup of Uncooked penne pasta.
- You need 20 oz of Smoked sausage with cheese, sliced.
- It’s 1 jar of spaghetti sauce (24 oz).
- You need 1/4 cup of Red wine.
- It’s 2 cup of Shredded cheese of choice.
Everything is combined in a casserole pan and then oven baked for a delicious dinner! This baked penne recipe is similar to a lasagna because of the layers of sauce, cheese, meat and pasta. How to Make Baked Penne With Italian Sausage. Start by cooking the pasta according to the package instructions, then drain it and set it aside.
Baked Penne And Sausage instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, fry sausages until cooked. Add spaghetti sauce and wine to sausages and simmer 5 minutes..
- Drain pasta, mix into sauce, tossing to coat. Transfer to greased 13×9 inch baking pan. Top with cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes..
- Source: Taste of Home Quick Cooking.
Make the sauce by cooking the sausage until no longer pink inside then start adding the rest of the ingredients to it. Meanwhile, set a medium nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.