Crock pot ham and bean soup. You are here: Home » Soup Recipes » Crock Pot Ham Bone and Bean Soup. This is my take on traditional Senate Bean Soup. It is a simple soup made with navy beans, ham hocks, and onion.
I always have dried beans on hand but I also give instructions for using canned beans. Tips for making Crock Pot Ham and Bean Soup. Be sure to cut the celery, carrots, and onion as uniformly as possible for the most even. You can have Crock pot ham and bean soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock pot ham and bean soup
- It’s 1 lb of white beans.
- It’s 1 of ham bone.
- You need 2 cup of diced ham.
- You need 36 oz of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 2 of carrots- chopped.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks- chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of dry mustard.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
This video shows how I use a leftover ham bone to make a delicious, hearty soup, that is a crowd pleaser. It's perfect on a chilly night! Ham and bean soup just isn't ham and bean soup without a buttery hunk of cornbread dunked in it. This cornbread also goes amazingly well with my crock pot chicken noodle soup.
Crock pot ham and bean soup instructions
- Soak dry beans for 8 hours. I add baking soda to reduce side effects of beans. Rinse very well..
- Melt butter, add onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook until tender. Add flour 1 Tbsp at a time until a paste is made and everything is mixed together..
- Dice ham and add to crock pot with bone and beans..
- Add chicken broth to carrot mixture. Pour into crock pot with other ingredients..
- Add spices and seasoning to soup. Cook on low for 6-8 hours..
This is such a simple family meal and one that's actually quite fun for the kids to eat. Bean soup is comfort food, especially on a chilly fall or winter day. This soup is prepared and cooked with simple seasonings and a ham bone or diced The slow cooker makes this bean soup a snap to prepare, and it makes a great meal with hot baked cornbread, biscuits, or freshly baked bread or rolls. I just love this bean soup recipe , my mom taught me how to make this years ago but I have changed it a bit to fit my tastes. Place cut vegetables in a crock-pot with the beans and Add a meaty ham bone that was left over from a previous dinner and extra chopped up ham meat if you want more meat.