Deconstructed, "No-bake" broccoli, tuna, and barley lasagna. Fill your no bake lasagna with mozzarella, ricotta and zucchini for creamy goodness! This is a recipe for No Bake Lasagna, Pinoy Style. I made this for those of you who want to make your own homemade Filipino style lasagna, but do not have a conventional oven to finish it on.
You don't need to turn on the oven to enjoy lasagna. Let Everyday Food editor Sarah Carey show you the trick to making a no-bake version that's perfect for summer. Have broccoli you need to use? You can cook Deconstructed, "No-bake" broccoli, tuna, and barley lasagna using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Deconstructed, "No-bake" broccoli, tuna, and barley lasagna
- You need 500 g of lasagna sheet.
- It’s 1 of broccoli, chopped as normal (around 500g?)/ other veggies.
- It’s 250 g of barley, soaked overnight is preferable.
- You need 1 can of tuna (170g).
- It’s 300 ml of evaporated milk +700ml of water (or 1l of milk).
- Prepare 2 sachets of (@20g) instant cheese sauces (I use Sainsbury's).
- You need 250 g of strong-tasted cheese (I use blue cheese).
This is a take on the Tuna Noodle Casserole my mom used to bake my brother and I when we were kids. It was the first meal I ever cooked for myself (when I was in college). Healthy Dried Mushroom and Barley Soup. Transfer the circles to the prepared baking sheets, poke them all over with a fork and brush with the egg wash.
Deconstructed, "No-bake" broccoli, tuna, and barley lasagna instructions
- First, boil the lasagna. Here I suggest to boil it in the milk if you to have enough milk and want it creamy, if not just follow your usual method for spaghetti or other pasta. Try to not get them sticking to each other by stirring it once in a while and adding it in crisscross position. No worries if some of them stick to each other though. Prepare a wide surface. Cut your broccoli while waiting..
- After lasagna is ready, take one by one with tongs and put them separately on the kitchen sheets. Don't throw the liquid out if you boiled it on milk..
- Boil in low heat. If you haven't soaked your barley, it's time to put your barley inside the mixture and boil for about 15 minutes. If you have, you can just add your barley inside the milk and go straight into the next step..
- Add chopped broccoli into you sauce. Add instant cheese sauce mixes (a bit of cheating here). If you don't have an instant sauce mix, I will mix 30g of parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and corn starch (or other flour for thickening the sauce) here. Keep stirring once in a while..
- Add tuna after your sauce has been boiling. Wait for 5 more minutes..
- Prepare your container. It's better to do this when your cheese sauce is still hot from the stove. Layer lasagna sheet, the sauce, then lasagna sheet again, etc. until your container is full and you finish both your lasagne and your sauce. Let them sit for 15 minutes at the least. Enjoy..
Filipino Style Recipe: Lasagna is one of the popular Italian dish but the word Lasagna is a Greek word which refer to cooking pot rather than the pasta dish. Etsy assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, labeling, or content of sellers' listings and products. Always read labels, warnings, directions and other information provided with the product before using or consuming it. If you have questions, contact the seller by sending a Message. This No Bake Strawberry Shortcake takes a little bit of time to make, but it's still very simple.