Flour Manju Buns (Brown Sugar).
You can cook Flour Manju Buns (Brown Sugar) using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Flour Manju Buns (Brown Sugar)
- It’s 20 grams of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 55 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 70 grams of Pureed sweetened bean paste.
Flour Manju Buns (Brown Sugar) step by step
- Add the brown sugar and water to a pot, and dissolve while heating it up. Add in the baking soda and cake flour once it cools, and knead well..
- Gather it all up and flatten it out, then cut into 8 equal portions. Cover with a wet cloth to keep from drying out..
- Roll up 1/8 into a ball, and roll it out with a small rolling pin (to about 10cm diameter). Add in 1/8 of the anko paste in the center, and close it up like a dumpling..
- It looks funny, but pinch both ends and tuck inside, flip it over, and carefully roll up the ingredients..
- Line a steamer with paraffin wax paper and arrange the manju with plenty of space between each one. Steam for 15 minutes, and then you will have hot and soft manju buns..