Fragrant Curried Fish Pie. Adding some gently sweated onion and a good whack of curry powder to the usual recipe produces a startlingly good result. Few meals, indeed few things in life, are as comforting and reassuring as a fish pie, piping hot from the oven. Adding some gently sweated onion and a good whack of curry.
We've given traditional fish pie a healthy makeover. Fragrant Thai flavours and a crisp filo top make this a moreish, guilt-free dish. I'm obviously on a little Fuchsia Dunlop kick. You can have Fragrant Curried Fish Pie using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fragrant Curried Fish Pie
- You need of Serves: 2 or 3-4 if eaten with sides and bread.
- Prepare 1 bag of fish pie mix, (400g cod, salmon and smoked haddock),.
- Prepare 425 g of mashed potatoes with 1/2 tbsp salted butter mixed in,.
- Prepare 100 g of small shrimp (cooked frozen, de-veined),.
- You need 150 ml of coconut milk,.
- You need 3 tbsp of panko breadcrumbs,.
- It’s 20 ml of unsweetened almond milk, (or regular milk as substitute),.
- It’s 1 handful of petit pois peas, (50g),.
- It’s 2 of spring onions, chopped finely,.
- Prepare 1 of large clove of garlic crushed,.
- It’s 1 of thumb of fresh ginger, chopped very finely,.
- Prepare 1 pinch of red chilli flakes,.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of hot curry powder,.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fenugreek,.
- You need 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cumin,.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped,.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to season,.
- It’s of Olive oil Frylight.
- It’s of Note:.
- Prepare of If using frozen fish defrost first in a bowl and drain off water.
Last Wednesday it was her recipe for Mapo Tofu, and now it's fish fragrant eggplant which I found on the food blog Jessie Now, about the smell. Your house won't start reeking of seafood when this dish is done. But honestly, there's a faint fishy flavor in the air. Fish expert Mitch Tonks' fish pie recipe has bags of flavour from the smoked haddock, prawns and cod.
Fragrant Curried Fish Pie step by step
- Prepare the buttered mash by adding the milk and seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the tumeric powder and then mix really well until really smooth and fluffy. Set aside..
- In a medium saucepan add a little Frylight and add the ginger and garlic. Fry until fragrant for a few seconds. Next add the coconut milk. Bring to a gentle simmer on a lower heat..
- Add the spices, and chilli flakes in. Stir to combine. Add in 9/10ths of the chopped coriander then remove from the heat..
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (fan). To the sauce add the spring onion and peas, then add the fish pieces and prawns. Gently mix through using a spoon. Add the mixture to an oven proof pie dish..
- Cover evenly with the mashed potato using a spoon or if feeling extra fancy you could pipe it on! Bring the mash neatly right up to the edges, so you prevent leaking. I like to use a rubber spatula, the make a simple pattern using a fork. Like so….
- Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs. Bake the pie in the oven covered in foil or 25 minutes then remove the foil and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown..
- Garnish with the remaining chopped coriander leaves (stalks removed), and serve up after leaving for around three minutes to cool, so delicious eaten alone or with some crusty bread or naan! :).
Learn how to make Curried cauliflower & fish pie and get the Smartpoints of the recipes. Mixing cauliflower in with the mashed potato makes for a lighter pie topping, and adding curry powder gives it a bit of oomph. Check out this epic mash up recipe of a classic fish pie with indian spices. Make delicious Indian Fish Pie at home just like those at the best restaurants! Best selling cookbook author Dan Toombs aka The Curry Guy shares his recipe.