Morola Macher Bora (Small Fish Pakora / Fritters – Bengali Style).
You can have Morola Macher Bora (Small Fish Pakora / Fritters – Bengali Style) using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Morola Macher Bora (Small Fish Pakora / Fritters – Bengali Style)
- You need 1 cup of morola mach (Mola Carplet – Fresh River Water Fish).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of masoor dal (red lentils), soaked for 3-4 hours.
- You need 2 tbsp. of rice flour.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 of green chilies, chopped.
- You need as needed of coriander leaves, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic, grated.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of roasted cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of nigella seeds (kalonji).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of pepper powder.
- You need pinch of baking soda (opt).
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of red chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of mustard oil.
- Prepare as needed of oil to deep fry.
Morola Macher Bora (Small Fish Pakora / Fritters – Bengali Style) step by step
- Marinate the fish with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder for 10 minutes. Grind the masoor dal with very less water and mix along with all the above mentioned ingredients (except oil)..
- Heat oil and drop spoonfuls of the mix into it and fry on a medium flame till golden in colour..
- Drain on a kitchen towel..
- Serve as an appetizer with any chutney or kasundi (mustard sauce)..