Okonomiyaki (Light and Fluffy). Great recipe for Fluffy Light Okonomiyaki. I think our family recipe for okonomiyaki is better than restaurant quality. We use "Otafuku" brand okonomiyaki sauce.
We have tried a lot of restaurants from Osaka to Kyoto to Tokyo. We love soft okonomiyaki and this is our ideal texture. While my husband was cooking, I measured all the ingredients and took photos. You can cook Okonomiyaki (Light and Fluffy) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Okonomiyaki (Light and Fluffy)
- You need of Okonomiyaki Batter:.
- It’s 100 grams of Flour.
- Prepare 4 grams of Baking powder.
- It’s 140 ml of Dashi stock (bonito based).
- You need 4 cm of Nagaimo.
- Prepare of Added ingredients:.
- It’s 100 grams of Pork (belly meat or cut-offs).
- It’s 3 of Eggs.
- You need 1/2 head of Cabbage.
- Prepare 4 of stalks Green onions.
- You need 1 of Tempura crumbs.
This recipe is a result of our. Great recipe for Okonomiyaki (Light and Fluffy). I learned this from my wife. Adding lots of nagaimo yams is the trick!
Okonomiyaki (Light and Fluffy) instructions
- [For the batter] Grate the nagaimo yams, add in flour and baking powder, pour in the dashi soup stock broth, and mix together thoroughly..
- Mixing the ingredients for each pancake: In a bowl, mix the finely chopped cabbage with the batter from Step 1, the tempura crumbs and egg..
- Cooking the pancakes: Fry the thoroughly mixed batter in a pan. Lay pork on top, and flip over once it has browned..
- To finish: Flip over again once the meat has cooked. Top with the sauce and mayonnaise, add bonito flakes and aonori, and you are done!.
You can also add sakura shrimp, konnyaku, and chikuwa. The amount of nagaimo yams used is the deciding factor. You could add more if you wish. Add as much cabbage and green. Great recipe for Our Family's Recipe For Fluffy Light Okonomiyaki with Tofu.