Oven baked chicken and rice. A one pan, baked Chicken and Rice recipe, made entirely in the oven! The rice is outrageously delicious from one little trick that makes all the Boneless skinless thigh fillets or breast – put the rice in the oven covered with foil WITHOUT chicken. This has captured the hearts of readers all around the world.
Add your chicken thighs skin side up. Your oven baked chicken and rice is ready to eat! I've already updated this recipe with what I believe would make this recipe better. You can have Oven baked chicken and rice using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven baked chicken and rice
- Prepare 6 of chicken thighs.
- You need 2 cups of long grain rice.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 of tb.s. butter.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of t.s. paprica.
- Prepare 1/2 of t.s. onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 of t.s. dried powder.
- It’s 1 of t.s. dried thyme.
- You need 1 of t.s. salt.
Step by step recipe instructions for oven baked chicken and rice complete with photographs and reader comments and discussion. A few years ago, my friend Margaret gave me an easy recipe for baked chicken and rice. This is a tasty meal that requires very little preparation. Sauteed chicken and mushrooms baked with rice and carrots and peppers, the combination of flavors is amazing.
Oven baked chicken and rice instructions
- Preheat oven to 190C. Scatter onion and garlic in a baking dish, then place butter in the centre. Bake for 12-15 minutes after butter melts. Meanwhile, mix together paprica, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme and salt. Sprinkle on both sides of the chicken. Remove baking dish from the oven. Add rice then mix..
- Place chicken on rice. Then pour chicken broth and water around the chicken. Cover with foil, then bake for 40 minutes at 210 C. Remove foil then bake for a further 20 minutes. Let it cool down a little. Then remove chicken and fluff up rice..
- Video where I cook this: https://youtu.be/2-uuni1_NGI?sub_confirmation=1.
The rice is fluffy and not mushy, comes out perfect every time. Fork tender chicken thighs baked with fluffy and flavorful rice. Make this easy Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole with brown or white rice, and bone-in or boneless chicken thighs. Chicken and Rice Casserole is a classic family favorite here in the United States. Add rice, onion, broth, and soup and stir until combined.