Pineapple upside down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too – this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made. You can cook Pineapple upside down cake using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside down cake
- Prepare 1/4 cups of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar light.
- You need 1 can of pineapple slice,juice drained.
- You need 9-10 of maraschino cherries.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 of tsps baking powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs large.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pineapple juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Chef Anna Olson shows you how to make the best Pineapple Upside Down Cake using her own original recipe! You won't want to make it any other way! Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes.
Pineapple upside down cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F..
- Take a 9" nonstick cake pan. Add 1/4 cup melted butter and brown sugar.Mix well..
- Arrange the pineapple slices on the above mixture..
- Place the cherries in the center of pineapple slices..
- In a large mixing bowl, sift in flour,baking powder and salt..
- In another large bowl cream together room temp butter with sugar..
- Once the mixture is light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time..
- Stir in vanilla extract and pineapple juice..
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and combine well using a hand mixer..
- Gently pour this cake batter over the pineapple slices and cherries..
- Bake the cake for about 40 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Once out of the oven, immediately run a knife along the sides of the cake..
- Place a serving plate upside down onto pan and turn the plate and pan over..
- Leave the pan on top of the cake for about 5 min until all sugar syrup drizzle down the cake..
- Now remove the pan and cool cake for half an hour..
- Serve warm or cold..
This classic pineapple upside down cake starts with an easy homemade cake made with cake flour and butter. This is one of the most popular Pineapple Upside-Down Cake on this site. My mother has an easier version where you don't need to beat the egg whites separately. This pineapple upside-down cake from Delish.com will remind you why it's a classic. Before you say, "That's so retro!", consider why this cake is such a classic: The pineapple topping gets its addictive flavor from melted butter and brown sugar—and yes, maraschino cherries, which we aren't.