potato and ham soup. This is a delicious recipe for ham and potato soup that a friend gave to me. It is very easy and the great thing about it is that you can add additional ingredients, more ham, potatoes, etc and it still turns out great. This hearty Ham and Potato Soup is made with a ham shank or leftover ham bone and russet potatoes.
Ham and potatoes in a bowl? That's like a hug from the inside. And the nice thing about this soup is that it's deceptively easy. You can have potato and ham soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of potato and ham soup
- It’s 2 medium of red potatoe.
- It’s 2 medium of russet potatoe.
- Prepare 1 large of baking potatoe ( leftovers if you have one ).
- It’s 6 slice of thick cut bacon.
- It’s 2 medium of slices of country ham ( bone in ).
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen onion mix.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of half & half.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
Learn how to make a Ham and Potato Soup Recipe ! Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup that's creamy, full of vegetables and chunks of ham, finished off with milk and sour cream for a easy and delicious hearty soup. Seriously, this delicious recipe is everything I love in a warm soup during the wintertime. It's nice and rich and creamy (using only milk, no heavy cream).
potato and ham soup step by step
- heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in stock pot, cut bacon and ham into chunks cook in stock pot until brown add onion mix and cook until tender. add chicken stock and simmer cut up red potatoes in bite size pieces. cut up russet potatoes in medium size pieces. add to chicken broth and simmer until tender.
- add water and half and half and baking potato ( chopped into chunks ) in to soup mash down soup mixture with a potato masher about 3 or 4 times leaving plenty of chunks season with your favorite seasoning. simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes..
It's chock-full of veggies and garlic and lots of golden potatoes. It's the perfect use for leftover ham (or even bacon) after a big holiday meal. Ham and Potato Soup is a cool weather staple around here and it's easy to make in the crock pot and perfect for any leftover baked ham! A simple and delicious soup loaded with potatoes, sweet carrots and tender ham cooks in the slow cooker all day so dinner is ready when you are. With all this cold weather lately, all I want for dinner is soup!