Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup. Whether you a cauliflower lover or just looking for quick recipes, these roasted cauliflower. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. If you've only been eating cauliflower raw, you haven't seen anything yet.
Or an accompaniment to a roast chicken or lamb. Roasted cauliflower is delicious whether you do cauliflower steaks, popcorn or roast it whole. Find recipes for roasted cauliflower topped with parmesan, curry, or garlic for the win. You can have Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 6 c).
- It’s 2 of tblsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided.
- It’s 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 c of diced carrot.
- Prepare 3 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 of fresh red chili pepper, such as serrano or jalapeño, minced, plus more for garnish.
- Prepare 1 (14 oz) of can no-salt-added tomato sauce.
- Prepare 4 c of low-sodium vegetable broth.
- Prepare 3 c of diced peeled russet potatoes (1/2-inch).
- It’s 3 c of diced peeled sweet potatoes (1/2-inch).
- You need 2 tsp of lime zest.
- You need 2 of tblsp lime juice.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can coconut milk.
- It’s of Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish.
Whole roasted cauliflower, a great vegan alternative for the holidays, special occasions or everyday cooking. It's a delicious side or main dish. BEST roasted cauliflower is Roasted Curried Cauliflower! Years ago, the way most people I knew prepared cauliflower was to steam it or boil it, and serve it with a little butter.
Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees..
- Combine coriander, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, pepper and cayenne in a small bowl. Toss cauliflower with 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture and toss again. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the cauliflower until the edges are browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside..
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, stirring often, until the onion is soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, chili and the remaining spice mixture. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute more..
- Stir in tomato sauce, scraping up any browned bits, and simmer for 1 minute. Add broth, potatoes, sweet potatoes, lime zest and juice. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 35 to 40 minutes..
- Stir in coconut milk and the roasted cauliflower. Return to a simmer to heat through..
- Garnish with cilantro and chilies, if desired..
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt, if desired..
This roasted cauliflower recipe is always a hit because roasting brings out cauliflower's natural The roasted cauliflower is a versatile dish. This is the perfect Roasted Cauliflower, with wonderfully caramelized golden edges, and a tender but not mushy texture. One of the secrets to loving vegetables is to find the best ways to cook them, and. Roasted Cauliflower is my favorite way of serving cauliflower. If you have never roasted cauliflower – try it now!