Roasted Salmon with Okra, Grits, and Sherry Paprika Vinaigrette.
You can have Roasted Salmon with Okra, Grits, and Sherry Paprika Vinaigrette using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Salmon with Okra, Grits, and Sherry Paprika Vinaigrette
- Prepare of Grits.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- You need 1/2 cup of Riverview Farms grits.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need of Salmon.
- Prepare 12 oz of fresh salmon filet.
- You need 1 tsp of French Picnic sea salt.
- It’s 5 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil, divided.
- You need of Sherry Paprika Vinaigrette and Okra.
- You need 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sherry vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- It’s 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- You need 8 oz of okra, small.
Roasted Salmon with Okra, Grits, and Sherry Paprika Vinaigrette step by step
- Preheat oven to 400º degrees..
- Combine milk, water, salt, and pepper in a small saucepot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat while occasionally stirring. Stir in the grits with a whisk, and continue to stir as they return to a simmer..
- Lower heat to medium-low, and cook 25-30 minutes. Stir along the bottom every 5 minutes or so with a whisk or wooden spoon to avoid scorching the pot..
- While the grits are cooking, season the salmon filets liberally on all sides with the French Picnic sea salt. Coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and place in a small oven safe dish. Let stand at room temperature while you prepare the dressing..
- Combine 3 tablespoons of the olive oil with the paprika, vinegar, Dijon, salt and pepper in a sealable container, and shake well to combine..
- Once grits have cooked fully, turn off the heat, cover the pot and let rest, covered, on the stove for another 15-20 minutes. Finish by melting in butter while stirring, and adjusting salt and pepper to taste..
- In a small mixing bowl, toss the okra in the remaining olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Set the bowl aside for later use. Spread okra evenly over a heavy baking sheet. Place salmon and okra in the oven, preferably with the salmon on the top rack, and okra on the bottom..
- Bake the okra and salmon until the salmon is just fully cooked, approximately 15-20 minutes. Fully cooked salmon is opaque, and firm when squeezed gently from the sides. Take the okra out of the oven, and return to the small bowl, and toss immediately in the vinaigrette..
- Place a mound of the grits in the center of your plate, and then place a piece of salmon on top. Arrange the dressed okra around the grits and salmon. Enjoy!.