Salmon and Spinach Japanese Style Gratin. Great recipe for Salmon and Spinach Japanese Style Gratin. I intended to make a gratin with salmon and spinach, but with a lighter taste rather than the usual rich one. I came up with the idea of adding tofu in the white sauce to make it into a Japanese style.
Place the potatoes, spinach, and salmon in the greased baking dish and pour the sauce over the top. Melt the butter in a saucepan and gently toss the spinach in it. Season with pepper and a tiny bit of salt (there's so much salt in the salmon). You can cook Salmon and Spinach Japanese Style Gratin using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salmon and Spinach Japanese Style Gratin
- It’s 2 slice of Raw salmon.
- You need 1/2 bunch of Spinach.
- You need 1/2 of Japanese leek.
- Prepare 150 grams of Firm tofu.
- You need 2 tbsp of Plain flour (cake flour).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 150 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Dashi stock granules.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of ◆Melting cheese for pizza.
- You need 1 of ◆Panko.
- You need 1 of ◆Grated hard cheese.
- You need 1 dash of ◆Butter ( if you like).
We explain "Japanese-Style Macaroni Gratin with Salmon Recipe" you can easily cook.. Bring to a boil and add the macaroni. After boiling, drain the macaroni in a colander. Arrange the salmon pieces on top.
Salmon and Spinach Japanese Style Gratin instructions
- Wrap the tofu with kitchen towel and place on a heat-proof dish to microwave for 1 and a half minutes at 500 W. When it's cooled down, drain well and crush roughly with hands..
- Blanch the spinach, wash under running water, and squeeze out the water. Cut into 3-4 cm lengths..
- Take out the bones from the salmon, cut into rough cubes and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides..
- Cut Japanese leek diagonally into thin slices..
- Put 2, 3 and 4 into a bowl, add the flour and coat evenly..
- Put the butter and the vegetable oil in the frying pan over a medium heat, when the butter melts add 5 and sauté, taking care so the pieces of salmon don't stick to each other..
- When the surface of the salmon changes colour to slightly golden brown, and no longer floury, add the milk and dashi stock granules..
- Cook while mixing all the time for about 3-5 minutes until the sauce thickens..
- Place 8 into an oven dish, sprinkle on the ◆ ingredients and bake in the oven, toaster oven, or grill until golden brown..
- Serve while it's piping hot. -It's tasty with sliced, pre-boiled potatoes instead of spinach.
In a little bowl, dissolve the stock cube with a bit of hot water. Add the single cream and cornflour. Pour the sauce over the salmon fillets. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Wash the spinach and chop the leaves.